Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 16
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 18691 times and has 15 replies Next Thread
sputnam

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Realistic hardwood floors?????????????

I downloaded some JPEG's of what looked like good hardwood floors but when I added them to Sweet Home it just looked like brown tiles. I've seen images of people having real hardwood floors but I can't find out how they did it. Any suggestions?
[Feb 7, 2013, 2:20:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: Realistic hardwood floors?????????????

Have you looked at all these sites with textures ?
Have you searched Google ?

Hans
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Feb 7, 2013, 1:34:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
sputnam

i got the textures from this site (textures tab to the left). I have googled my butt off. I SEE the pictures that have realitic hardwoods but no info on how to get them.
[Feb 7, 2013, 10:23:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

You should check the size of the texture you entered at importation time. A too small size could give the result you described from far.
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Feb 8, 2013, 7:07:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
sputnam

one of them is 1024 X 1024 and it still looks like 1' X 1' tile when imported.
[Feb 8, 2013, 11:54:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
sputnam

i just tried making a wall 8' long and .125" tall and texturing that and "building" my floor piece by piece. I've just begun messing with it but it looks like it has potential.
[Feb 8, 2013, 12:13:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

The size in pixel of the image is not the size you have to enter in the texture import wizard. The requested size is the size of the image in real life for example, 10x10 inches.

i just tried making a wall 8' long and .125" tall and texturing that and "building" my floor piece by piece.
Walls are supposed to represent walls in real life. You'd rather create rooms and change the texture of their floor.
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Feb 8, 2013, 12:23:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Scott,

It seems you're taking the hard way to make a textured floor.

SH3D is designed to make this porcess real easy, as follows:
1 - draw your walls (and make sure end wall and start wall are locked or overlapping);
2 - double-click inside the walls to create a room;
3 - right-click the room and apply a texture (works the same for walls and rooms);
4 - if you don't have the right texture, click on Import and select the correct image;

This is described in detail in the User's guide. Maybe you haven't taken the time to read it?

Hans
Hans

hansdirkse.info
[Feb 8, 2013, 12:31:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
sputnam

Hans,
Yes, I have read the user's guide and followed the procedures just as you described but I am still not getting the effect I want. Do you have a picture of your 3D model with realistic hardwoods. I would love to see it. Also, as far as the size of the texture is concerned I have changed it from 1" to 20' and everything in between...still looks like tile. If anyone with suggestions on how to do would this please include a picture of your successful attempt I would really appreciate it. This is what I get:

This is what i want:

[Feb 8, 2013, 4:56:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

This texture gives the result below (if imported as 60x60 cms).

Hans

hansdirkse.info
[Feb 8, 2013, 6:39:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved