Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 3
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3903 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
kelemvor

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Can I have a wall come down from the ceiling?

We have a few places in our house where we have half walls but then also have a small part that hangs down from the ceiling. I can't see how I can add a 14" wall section that comes down from the ceiling.

I know I can add furniture and windows and make them float up to the ceiling but I can't see how to do that with a wall...
[Apr 23, 2013, 3:24:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Can I have a wall come down from the ceiling?

Furniture and walls are not handled the same way, and you can't set directly the elevation of a wall.
But, you can make a hole in a wall for example with a Service hatch that you'll make larger and/or higher. You can also create a level, change its elevation and the thickness of its floor and draw a wall at this level, but this second way isn't really the best way.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Apr 23, 2013, 8:57:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
brightadamas

Re: Can I have a wall come down from the ceiling?

Install the 'copy as new furniture' plug-in. (http://www.sweethome3d.com/pluginsUserGuide.pdf)

1. Open a new sheet and draw a wall... any size.

2. Select the wall and click 'Tools' then 'Copy as new furniture'

3. Clear the sheet and paste.

4. Select the new item and click '3d View' and 'Export to OBJ format'

5. Save object to desktop.

6. Go to your project and click 'furniture' then 'import furniture'

7. Click 'choose model' and select the item from the desktop it making sure it has the file extension .obj

8. Continue through the wizard checking the box 'add to catalog' and 'finish'

9. Your new wall appears as in item of furniture which can be elevated. Modify the dimensions to the size and elevation you want.

10. Done... if you added the new item to your catalog you won't have to do this next time.
[Jul 30, 2013, 10:27:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved