Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 8
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5861 times and has 7 replies Next Thread
mfaughn

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
OSX 10.8.3 No Joy

$ > java -version
java version "1.6.0_37"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_37-b06-434-11M3909)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.12-b01-434, mixed mode)

When I start it up the only thing I get is the menu in the top menu bar. No option to start a new project, open anything, etc. -- nothing useful in the menu at all.

Any ideas?
[Apr 24, 2013, 1:40:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: OSX 10.8.3 No Joy

As your Java version is already pretty old, I would upgrade it.
Go to the folder /System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines and delete the folder 1.6.0.jdk (this will require an administrator password).
Then launch again Sweet Home 3D and let the system install Java when prompted.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Apr 24, 2013, 12:47:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
mfaughn

Maybe, maybe not. Unfortunately, I rely on software that is broken by Java beyond 6_u37 (apparently due to undocumented changes in the way that Java handles threads -- thanks, Oracle). Anyway, 6_u37 was released by Apple with the Developer Package release in October of 2012. I wouldn't call that 'pretty old'. OS X will install 6_u43 if I let it do whatever it wants and that will leave me in a heap of trouble. I can probably try it under Java 7 since installing that doesn't seem to clobber Java 6 so readily (at least in my hands). Can you recommend running it w/ Java 7 on OS X?
[Apr 25, 2013, 2:32:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

[...] 6_u37 was released by Apple with the Developer Package release in October of 2012. I wouldn't call that 'pretty old'.
At an age when Apple and its fanboys overexagerrate any security hole in Java because Apple took their time to fix a known hole a year ago, that revealed to be used in the very first virus under Mac OS X, it's an eternity!
OS X will install 6_u43
See, you already missed one. Java 6 release version is now 6_u45! wink
Can you recommend running it w/ Java 7 on OS X?
Don't try Java 7 with Sweet Home 3D yet, it's still too buggy as I reported at the end of the blog article about version 4. Seriously, Oracle released a Mac OS X version of the JDK too early.
But since you seem to be able to use the Terminal, please try this:
- download Jar executable version of Sweet Home 3D
- run the program with the command:
java -Xmx1024m -jar /path/to/SweetHome3D-4.0.jar
In case, you didn't know, you can get easily the full path of the SweetHome3D-4.0.jar file with a drag and drop of that file in the Terminal window.
- if it still fails, some Java log starting by "Exception in thread" should appear in the Terminal window. Please report it here.

Thanks for your patience.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Apr 25, 2013, 8:18:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
mfaughn

Wow, I thought 43 was it. It is what Apple force fed me just a month ago on a different laptop.

Anyway, I tried the jar. Same behavior except this time I get a stack trace. It seems like it can't find AWT but I don't know if that is because Java is screwing it up or what. I'm too lazy / tired to try and dig deeper at the moment but I'll give it a shot at some point. I don't see much Java these days but I can kinda sorta muddle through it still I think.
Downloads ruby-1.9.3-p392 > java -Xmx1024m -jar SweetHome3D-4.0.jar
Java 3D: implicit antialiasing enabled
Exception in thread "J3D-Renderer-1" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /private/var/folders/5w/0jtqvjq963gdmbslf7nxvcq80000gn/T/extension1899678726352082119.jnilib: Library not loaded: /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Libraries/libjawt.dylib Referenced from: /private/var/folders/5w/0jtqvjq963gdmbslf7nxvcq80000gn/T/extension1899678726352082119.jnilib Reason: image not found
at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.java:1827)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1716)
at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:823)
at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:1045)
at com.sun.opengl.impl.NativeLibLoader.loadLibraryInternal(NativeLibLoader.java:189)
at com.sun.opengl.impl.NativeLibLoader.access$000(NativeLibLoader.java:49)
at com.sun.opengl.impl.NativeLibLoader$DefaultAction.loadLibrary(NativeLibLoader.java:80)
at com.sun.opengl.impl.NativeLibLoader.loadLibrary(NativeLibLoader.java:103)
at com.sun.opengl.impl.NativeLibLoader.access$200(NativeLibLoader.java:49)
at com.sun.opengl.impl.NativeLibLoader$2.run(NativeLibLoader.java:132)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at com.sun.opengl.impl.NativeLibLoader.loadAWTImpl(NativeLibLoader.java:118)
at com.sun.opengl.impl.JAWT.getJAWT(JAWT.java:91)
at com.sun.opengl.impl.macosx.MacOSXOnscreenGLDrawable.lockSurface(MacOSXOnscreenGLDrawable.java:144)
at com.sun.opengl.impl.macosx.MacOSXOnscreenGLContext.makeCurrentImpl(MacOSXOnscreenGLContext.java:57)
at com.sun.opengl.impl.GLContextImpl.makeCurrent(GLContextImpl.java:134)
at javax.media.j3d.JoglPipeline$QueryCanvas.doQuery(JoglPipeline.java:9049)
at javax.media.j3d.JoglPipeline.getBestConfiguration(JoglPipeline.java:8797)
at javax.media.j3d.Renderer.doWork(Renderer.java:514)
at javax.media.j3d.J3dThread.run(J3dThread.java:275)

And definitely, Thank You! for the work you do on this and actually being responsive and engaged. I can appreciate how much work you've put into this. I can't even think about producing anything on this scale as freeware. Maybe in 20 years...after the kids are though college. I can hope :-)
[Apr 26, 2013, 1:39:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
mfaughn

This is definitely not something that you need to spend any time trying to help me with. This has got to be a problem with Java that would be resolved if I were to update to whatever Java has been released as the current prank. It is really much more critical for me to be able to run MagicDraw (which is unstable on 6_u4x and some releases of Java 7 too). I'll just keep running SH3D on a Linux box. Les doigts dans le nez...
[Apr 26, 2013, 2:00:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
trankilou

Hi,

do you still have your problem ?

I m running sh3D with OSX 10.8.3 without any trouble (worked Out Of The Box)
[Jun 3, 2013, 9:19:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
mfaughn

It was/is a Java issue more than an OS X issue. Out of curiousity though, what is the output when you type the following into the terminal?
java -version

[Jun 3, 2013, 6:35:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved