Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 6003 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
okh
Advanced Member

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Background panaorama

Doing some maintenance with the help of SH3D, I couldn't help myself trying to add some background to the model photo. As I didn't have an actual panorama, I used www.virtual-globe.info (better resolution than Google Earth, at least Norwegian data-set).

ok

Link to photo on Flickr

PS - Prodess: add transparency to the model photo and copy into background image (using Gimp)
[May 24, 2013, 12:43:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Background panaorama

Nice idea, but why did you have to add transparency to your model photo?
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[May 24, 2013, 2:38:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Re: Background panaorama

I deleted the sky/ground from sh3d photo to see the background. Then I made my slanting terrain model (green at level 0) semi-transparent to blend in.

I see now that I seem to have added transparency to the chalet itself too, but that was unintended :-)

The chalet is an "eagle's nest" and the vista is just like this. Virtual globe makes it easy, as it supports geo-co-ordinates and angle of view in a hyperlink (thinking plug-in linking from the compass in sh3d, but maybe not really useful).
[May 24, 2013, 3:41:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Re: Background panaorama - linking to vista

Consider a house outside Sallanches, Haute-Savoie - the link would look like this to provide a realistic backdrop.

http://www.norgei3d.no/VirtualGlobeStarter.ph...00000001243&libs=Xj3D

Or - Verbier (Chemin D'Amon)

Just as examples. But as it is probably only useful in montainous areas, it is probably not worth a plug-in...
[May 24, 2013, 3:58:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved