Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 8
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 13067 times and has 7 replies Next Thread
Puybaret
Expert

France
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Sweet Home 3D 4.1

The version 4.1 will probably contain only bug fixes.
Under Windows, I tried in particular to fix the two following issues that I would like you to help me to test:
- I increased the default maximum memory used by the program up to 640 MB, and for the Windows 32 bit installer version run under Windows Vista/7/8, I ensured this maximum would be able to grow up to 1024 MB according to the free memory in the system (a higher number could make Sweet Home 3D crash). Actually, this maximum will be equal to 25% of free RAM at program launch so it can be reached only if you have at least 5 MB RAM on the computer.
- I fixed a bug that prevented the deletion of the temporary files found in the work private folder when program stops normally, and automatically deleted this work folder at program end when it's empty. Under Windows Vista/7/8, the location of this work folder is
C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\eTeks\Sweet Home 3D\work, and under Windows XP, it's C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\eTeks\Sweet Home 3D\work.

To let you test these important changes, I exceptionally post a beta version of the installer version for Windows this time. Please check it works on all kind of configurations (from 256 MB to 8 GB of RAM or more) with some big home projects. Be sure to remove any SweetHome3D.l4j.ini file from the folder where Sweet Home 3D is installed.
On my side, I tested this new version successfully under Windows XP with 256 MB, 1 GB and 4 GB of RAM, and under Windows 7 with 1.5 GB, 4 GB and 8 GB, trying to create a photo with the biggest example available in the gallery.

[Note from developer: Sweet Home 3D 4.1 was released on June 3, 2013]
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Puybaret at Jun 3, 2013, 9:36:04 PM]
[May 26, 2013, 1:30:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: Sweet Home 3D 4.1

Emmanuel,

Although I'm not a Windows user, I installed and ran the beta 4.1. Using Wine, it ran without any problem, although it didn't recognize the plugins I have installed.
Moreover, when switching back to v4.0, SH3D also doesn't see the installed plugins anymore.

This is a bit strange, because the plugins are still in their directory .eteks/sweethome3d/plugins.

UPDATE
Restarting my computer solved the problem: the plugins are back.

Hans
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Edit 2 times, last edit by hansmex at May 26, 2013, 7:53:06 AM]
[May 26, 2013, 7:32:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Thanks for your tests Hans. smile
Between your Wine environment and my Parallels Desktop environment for Windows tests, we probably cover the weirdest test cases. wink
Nevertheless, I would be also pleased to get reports from users running Sweet Home 3D under real PCs. Please, take the time to test this Beta version even if it doesn't bring new features.
[May 27, 2013, 4:18:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Lynn22

Tested Sweet Home 3D 4.1 as a new install on Win XP SP3 and it works perfectly.
Only thing to report is that any of the three sky images which come with the program for use in 3d view do not render in photo but that's insignificant.

I was still using v. 3.5 but will now replace it with 4.1

Many thanks for all the improvements made since 3.5 smile
[May 28, 2013, 12:31:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
pial

France

Good job, manu.
We won't have to delete by hand the 'Work' folder content anymore, except for users of the portable version : are you going to update it too ?
And why not moving those folders into the sh3d portable path, and make it even more portable ?
----------------------
Pierre
[May 29, 2013, 3:23:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Sweet Home 3D 4.1 was released tonight (portable version included).
Hope you'll enjoy it.

Pial, the work folder will be deleted in case of a clean exit in the portable version too. I prefer not to create this folder in the portable path, because USB keys generally don't have very good performances at writing time.
[Jun 3, 2013, 9:34:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
pial

France

I think many people put portable pieces of software in an internal hdd or in fast usb3.0 drives.
But I the ´work´ bug fix is a good news anyway.
And thanks for doing that portable update so quickly this time.
----------------------
Pierre
[Jun 4, 2013, 9:15:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sajmmon

Poland

Tested with a few scenes and all works fine. Will test it with more users within coming days.

--
Szymon
[Jun 10, 2013, 3:15:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved