Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 7
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 11524 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
Puybaret
Expert

France
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Sweet Home 3D 4.1 Rev A

Hi,

For your information, I had to slightly update Sweet Home 3D during the past two days because of some issues with the last release of Java 7u25:
- I removed http.agent System property setting in the JNLP file of the Java Web Start version otherwise Sweet Home 3D couldn't run anymore under Windows,
- I added a jnlp_embedded parameter to the applet of the Online version to prevent displaying a new security warning that appeared during its execution.

Other files weren't updated.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jun 24, 2013, 5:38:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hal9000
Advanced Member

Spain
Re: Sweet Home 3D 4.1 Rev A

Thanks for the info.

Anyway, there are no changes for the installer version, right?
If a long walk every day were healthy, mailmen would be immortal. tongue
[Jun 24, 2013, 5:46:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Anyway, there are no changes for the installer version, right?
No other changes.

By the way, I forgot to mention that the Online version doesn't seem to work well under Mac OS X when run with Java 7u25 and 6u51. Under Java 7u25, mouse moves in the 3D view don't work well, and under Java 6u51, mouse clicks and moves have no effect in the whole applet (I wonder if it's not a remaining bug in the update released last week by Apple). sad
[Jun 24, 2013, 5:56:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
SeaBorn

I downloaded the current version and installed it. I have Java 7u25 installed. I am unable to update my video drivers so I installed the java.ini file as specified in the FAQ. The program starts but I get two warning messages and then the program shuts down before I can even turn off 3D rendering. Does the .ini need to be updated for the 4.1 version? It worked fine adding the .ini file to the program files foler on prior versions but not on this update.
[Jul 5, 2013, 5:52:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

SeaBorn, I'm not sure I understand your issue. First you post a message in a thread that speaks about version 4.1 Rev A that is about Java Web Start and the Online version only. That means that the .ini file doesn't influence its way of working.
At the opposite, if you're running the installer version, there was no updates since version 4.1 and the installed version of Java is not used since the installer version comes with its own private (not available for other purpose) version of Java.
So please, give more details about what version you run.
[Jul 5, 2013, 9:56:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
SeaBorn

Sorry about the mispost. I did not realize this was for the Online version only. The issue that I have is with the installer version, specifically the file called 'SweetHome3D-4.1-windows-oc.exe'. I downloaded this file and installed it. The program starts but I get two warning messages and then the program shuts down before I can even turn off 3D rendering. Even adding the file 'SweetHome3D.l4j' to the Program Files folder will not allow the program to run. I am running Windows Vista Business, Service Pack 2.
[Jul 6, 2013, 2:39:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Then you should really try to update the driver of your video card.
Or remove all 3D features, by adding the following line in the SweetHome3D.l4j.ini file:
-Dcom.eteks.sweethome3d.no3D=true

[Jul 6, 2013, 8:38:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved