Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 2
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3091 times and has 1 reply Next Thread
kelemvor

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Can I draw a Countertop by itself? Or a floating floor?

So we have some counters that overhang the cabinets to make a Bar type setting. We also have an island that is triangular in shape. I'm trying to figure out how I can draw these in SH3D.

I tried adding a new "Room" to act as the counter but I don't see any way to specify that a room should be higher than the other rooms.

I added a new "Level" to the plan and then drew the room in that. This worked but was a pain because I couldn't see both levels at once so I didn't know where I was drawing. (Is there a way to view both levels at once but have one grayed out or something?)

I can probably take a Kitchen Cabinet and modify it so it's 1" thick and floating, but this doesn't help me with the triangular island.

Is there any way to draw a room, floor, etc and then set it to be elevated without having to do so in another Level of the house?

Thanks.
[Aug 22, 2013, 3:15:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Can I draw a Countertop by itself? Or a floating floor?

Assuming you are using version 4.1, you can create a new level, and draw the floor/countertop on that level.
The height of the level will be the thickness of your countertop.
The elevation of that level will be the elevation of the countertop above the floor of the level beneath it.

If drawing on a new level is a problem, draw the floor/countertop on the kitchen level, then use CTRL-X and CTRL-V to copy the room/countertop to the level above.

Of course you could also use thin boxes with the correct elevation.

Hans
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Aug 22, 2013, 4:47:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved