Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 99
Posts: 99   Pages: 10   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 203892 times and has 98 replies Next Thread
okh
Advanced Member

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Sweet Home 3D 4.2

Fantastic. I notice some oddities (win8) that appear not to be functional (javastart issue?):
- undo / redo,
- drag-drop furniture (file or catalogue) in plan

Also, I cannot get copy/cut/paste to work (Ctrl - move works, though).

ok

PS (these may be silly and obvious issues, but I note them, just in case).
[Oct 9, 2013, 3:53:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

okh, I just tried on my copy of Windows 8 and didn't notice all the issues you reported. sad
What version of Java do you use?
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Oct 9, 2013, 4:38:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

4.2 Beta 5
Java 1.7.0_25 (win8, i3 @1,8): the Edit menu functions DON'T WORK (including Ctrl-C, Ctrl-P, Ctrl-Z etc).

I also tested another machine:

Java 1.7.0_07 (win7, celron @1,3) they DO WORK.

ok
[Oct 10, 2013, 9:16:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Upgraded Java to 1.7.0_40 (on win8, sh3d 42 beta 5) - it WORKS.

Cut, Copy, Paste, Drag-Drop files, Drag-Drop catalogue furniture.

:-)

ok
[Oct 10, 2013, 9:48:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

IF you're looking at transparency issues - a just want to note a recurring problem (not new to 4.2b):

The enclosed home looks ok in the 3d window initially. But
- the translucent glass of the window is visible through the tree.
- and if I move the tree, the roof behind starts showing through (in front of) the tree. (un-check, check roof visibility and the roof moves to the back).

demohouse_okh_models_transluc.sh3d

It renders well in photo. Same effect in 4.2b5 as it was under 4.0. NOT a big deal, but I have noticed the same issue several times. I think it happens only when two objects with transparent elements overlap.

ok
[Oct 10, 2013, 10:29:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

...stop the search of the window surrounding shape if its model have more than 10000 vertices.

Just to add to the confusion (my own probably). I put my pretty simple models into 4.2.b5. And got this result. I certainly cannot make heads or tails of it (perfectly normal for a lawyer).

sh3d_4_2_b5_cutouts.sh3d

The cutouts did not appear to be retained initially in the compressed file, but corrected itself once I moved any door.

ok

[Oct 10, 2013, 1:43:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

The file demohouse displays correctly on my computer with Ubuntu 12.04.
Only problem is the ceiling of level 2. Once you change the room on level 2, so that it has no ceiling, I can't see any problem with this file.
Windows are normally tranparent, no overlapping blocks or other strange effects.

The file cutouts shows:
- two arches with wall segments at the top which are not closed at the bottom. So, the program makes the correct cutout and fills the space inside the arch. If you want the inside space open, then you will need to use an arch that is closed at the bottom.
- two arches without wall segments. One is open at the bottom, the other is closed at the bottom. Both are correctly cut out.
- two round windows with wall segments. These are correctly cut out.
- one irregularly shaped window. This correctly cut out.

Two of the arches have a problem: the wall partially fills in the cutout. I noticed that one of the arches with wall segments has no sides.

Hans
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Oct 10, 2013, 4:44:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Thanks for taking the trouble to look at this.

For the demohouse, the problem is not with the ceiling, but the roof jumping out in front of the tree in the 3d window when the tree is moved. But again, absolutely no big deal, and it could be an issue with my graphics too.

For the cutouts:

- The two doors to the left with wall and without threshold cut differently (as the image shows). Both models work well with sh3d 4.0/4.1, therefore it is interesting to see how 4.2+ will deal with legacy files: whether earlier openings are filled (unintentionally).

- The two doors to the right on the N to S wall:
- The North door is without threshold, so what you say makes sense and that can be adjusted with SVG. But it cuts differently from the "Round door frame" in the new library, no threshold, but still cuts correctly (SVG added manually?), and it also cuts differently from the rectangular door, also without threshold (and no SVG path added).
- For the South door I added the threshold to see whether that was indeed the solution. But I don't understand why it is slashed diagonally across the arch.

BTW, I did try several alternatives, with and without sides (and with protruding frame). As far as I could tell, that did not make a difference. I still got slashed... :-)

I certainly appreciate the challenges involved here, and don't mind suffering some SVG paths. But it is interesting to know the cutout logic when making new models.

And don't get me wrong. I am awed by the power of sh3d and I certainly have absolutely no complaints...

ok
[Oct 10, 2013, 5:49:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Thanks for all your feedback. It's very useful for me. I hope the Beta 6 fixes the issues you reported.

At floor level, several models still show a square opening at top. But, as soon as I give the model a slight elevation, the gaps are closed.
That bug is fixed. The empty space around round doors and windows are filled correctly as soon as they are used (the first time and when a sh3d file is reopened).

okh, first I'm glad your copy / paste / undo / redo issues were fixed with a Java upgrade. Always good to know if an other user encounters the same issue.
Second, do not worry about reporting issues here. If I publish Beta versions, it's to show new features, but also to let you test them and report bugs and bad/missing ideas I could have. smile

About transparency issues, I think it's due to the graphics card. I noticed this kind of bug myself many times, and I'm not sure it can be fixed. So, don't abuse of transparency, whether it comes from window panes or transparent textures.

it is interesting to see how 4.2+ will deal with legacy files
Legacy sh3d files will be maintained. It's the only warranty I chose to give for this feature. So, adding the same round door in Sweet Home 3D 4.1 and Sweet Home 3D 4.2 will give different results, unless you set the correct cut out shape in its sh3f file. But opening with Sweet Home 3D 4.2 a sh3d file designed with Sweet Home 3D 4.1 will render the same as it was designed at first. So no surprise for users who will upgrade. wink

I don't understand why it is slashed diagonally across the arch.
This bug should be fixed in the Beta 6.

By the way, if you really feel bad about SVG path handling, you can also play with transparent parts of a door or window because they are taken into account in the automatic cutout shape detection. Thus, okh, if you add a transparent box at the bottom of your North arch, it will give a correct result.

The Beta 6 improves also the management of non-maximized and maximized sizes of windows when a sh3d file is reopened. This should fix some issues that were visible mostly under Mac OS X.
It improves also the management of hidden panes when you resize the main window. For example, if you move a divider to hide the 3D view, the 3D view won't reappear when you enlarge the window. This improvement fixes also a bug that made an empty zone appear under the plan after a window enlargement, when the 3D view is displayed in a separate window.
[Oct 10, 2013, 7:19:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

okh, I think I found why the round door at the left of your capture is weird. It's because its sides have a null thickness. Thus only the half round upper part is taken into account, and once scaled along the total height of the door, it gives the shape seen in the image. Not sure I'll try to fix that bug because if that door was filled "as expected", it still wouldn't be very interesting, right?
[Oct 10, 2013, 7:47:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 99   Pages: 10   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved