Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 99
Posts: 99   Pages: 10   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 202448 times and has 98 replies Next Thread
okh
Advanced Member

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Sweet Home 3D 4.2

Thanks for all your feedback. It's very useful for me. I hope the Beta 6 fixes the issues you reported.

Yes, looks good. I notice, as Hansmex pointed out, that the model without a threshold fills entirely. Logically that makes sense, but that must mean that you've added SVG cutout for the "Round door frame" in the new library (?). Also the old arched doors with wall elements still cut differently, but no matter, they aren't needed any more.

About transparency issues, I think it's due to the graphics card.

I suspected as much. Not a problem. And transparency (especially png alpha channel) is unpredictable, but also quite convenient for a <9KB autum tree. And cool: Made a swimming pool based simply on a model transparent water surface (GIMP), just constructed with tiled walls and underwater lightsources; renders really well :-)

Legacy sh3d files ...opening with Sweet Home 3D 4.2 a sh3d file designed with Sweet Home 3D 4.1 will render the same as it was designed at first.

Now, this impresses.

By the way, if you really feel bad about SVG path handling, you can also play with transparent parts ..

Serves me well. I figured out staircases, even if it took me a little while, I admit. So if you offer the properties, I had better figure out the SVG. As long as we're talking rectangle and an arch...

Anyway, thanks again for all the efforts.

ok
[Oct 10, 2013, 8:10:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

that must mean that you've added SVG cutout for the "Round door frame" in the new library (?).
Yes, I even added the SVG cutout for the 3 other non-rectangular windows, because it runs faster.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Oct 10, 2013, 9:29:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

It's because its sides have a null thickness. Thus only the half round upper part is taken into account, and once scaled along the total height of the door, it gives the shape seen in the image. Not sure I'll try to fix that bug because if that door was filled "as expected", it still wouldn't be very interesting, right?

Ah, yes, that would make sense. Thanks, I wondered about that.

And quite right, as the models with wall elements are now superfluous, protrution can be set with doorOrWindow......# etc properties and proper cutout can be adjusted, it is certainly no longer interesting to save these old workarounds. :-)

Yes, I even added the SVG cutout for the 3 other non-rectangular windows, because it runs faster.

Good to know (for puritans). And examples even better...

But then, rectangular models are still cut correctly even if they are not closed (like the doorframe without threshold)? And have no need for a default (M0,0 v1 h1 v-1 z or something) cutout?

Thanks again.

ok
[Oct 10, 2013, 10:11:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

rectangular models are still cut correctly even if they are not closed (like the doorframe without threshold)?
No, there's no exception at this time, and the models without a threshold need a doorOrWindowCutOutShape# property set to M0,0 v1 h1 v-1 z. Anyway, for best performances, I set the doorOrWindowCutOutShape# property to this value for all existing doors and windows in Sweet Home 3D and its furniture libraries.
No value would mean "compute the cut out shape from the 3D model", which would be a useless loss of computing time.
[Oct 10, 2013, 10:31:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

By the way, thanks okh for the round doors and windows you designed recently, and forgive me if this new feature made them obsolete so fast! I really wanted to program this feature long time before you proposed your library.
[Oct 10, 2013, 10:37:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

No, there's no exception at this time, and the models without a threshold need a doorOrWindowCutOutShape# property set to M0,0 v1 h1 v-1 z.

Good, the logic is better that way. I shall add doorOrWindowCutOutShape# for my own collection too.

..new feature made them obsolete so fast...

Being made obsolete by improvements is an honour :-)

ok
[Oct 10, 2013, 10:55:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

The Beta 7 brings other fixes for some bugs I encountered with some round doors.
It tries also to fix the 3D display of complex rooms that overlap each other. I still encountered some buggy files in the past months, and hope this time this bug will definitively belong to the past.
[Oct 12, 2013, 12:14:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Spent an hour doing different things with beta7 and beta8 - so far everything works perfectly (under 1.7.0_40, win 8).

Out of curiosity Are you planning to add the same automatic cut-out shape for staircases too? Not that it really matters as I guess adding the SVG cutout path is better anyway.

ok
[Oct 13, 2013, 11:01:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Thanks for your tests and feedback. smile

Are you planning to add the same automatic cut-out shape for staircases too?
I don't think I will, because in many cases the cut out shape in the upper level doesn't match the contour of the staircase seen from top.
[Oct 13, 2013, 11:11:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

True enough. And why I needed to look at SVG cutouts in the first place - not cut more than needed, yet keep the legal hight definition staircaste step to ceiling (200cm here).

Thanks. As you were busy late, I wish you a good, restful lunch.

ok
[Oct 13, 2013, 11:19:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 99   Pages: 10   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved