Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 99
Posts: 99   Pages: 10   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 203846 times and has 98 replies Next Thread
okh
Advanced Member

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Sweet Home 3D 4.2

Beta 8: Time / Date in Create Photo has changed from European to US format (dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm ---> mm/dd/yyyy hh/mm AM/PM).

ok
[Oct 14, 2013, 3:48:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

- Date format should be mm/dd/yyyy if English is selected in preferences whatever your country is.
- Time format is a little different and depends on your country: it's AM/PM notation for 17 identified countries (among which USA of course) and 24h notation for the other countries.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Oct 14, 2013, 4:24:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Thanks. And, yes, however, the time format is 24h in 4.0 but am/pm in 4.2.b8, but that, I suppose, could have to do with the Javastart. Anyway, minor detail.

ok

PS I think there is a EU standard for date and time formats - but the Brits probably have an exception - or just ignore the standard. Guess I should change to French interface... :-)
[Oct 14, 2013, 4:58:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

... for best performances, I set the doorOrWindowCutOutShape# property to this value for all existing doors and windows in Sweet Home 3D and its furniture libraries.
No value would mean "compute the cut out shape from the 3D model", which would be a useless loss of computing time.

Good, just a word of warning should anyone else want to play with doorOrWindowCutOutShape#: It seems current FurnitureLibraryEditor will delete the new doorOrWindowCutOutShape# from models when a library is saved. So for now, I guess it is manual property editing in libraries :-)

ok
[Oct 15, 2013, 9:51:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

The bug in the Furniture Library Editor is more subtle than that: the staircase cut out shape is reset to its default value when multiple models with a different shape are modified. When you edit only one model, it's ok.
But anyway, it's fixed now (like many other small bugs I found in the Furniture Library Editor). I can send you a beta version if you want.

[Edit: Sorry, I should have read your message better since it spoke about the doorOrWindowCutOutShape# property, and not about staircaseCutOutShape# property. I was troubled by the fact I fixed a bug about the later one recently.
As the doorOrWindowCutOutShape# property is new, it's not managed by the Furniture Library Editor, but the current beta version of the Editor does manage it]
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Puybaret at Oct 15, 2013, 11:53:34 PM]
[Oct 15, 2013, 10:51:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Yes, please. Thanks.
[Oct 15, 2013, 11:02:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Tonight, the Beta 9 improves the way walls are cut by a non rectangular door or window: a 3D shape is also added in the thickness of the wall around the cut out shape.
The following images show you the difference between beta 8 and beta 9:

This will make a difference only on a few 3D models, but will also let you export correct cut walls to OBJ format.

I also programmed an additional check on images when they are used as textures, to ensure that the images which contain a transparent color in their colors table, won't be misinterpreted as transparent textures when they actually don't use this transparent color. This should help to fight against transparency Z-buffer bug that we can see from time to time, and avoid reediting these falsely transparent images.
[Oct 15, 2013, 6:42:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Good, by the time you've finished betatesting 4.2, you'll have 5.0 ready :-)

One additional problem (just tried with beta 9 too) "Créer une video" hangs. Same files, lowest format and quality, works with 4.0 but creation just doesn't get started with 4.2b. Direct playback works, though. (Win8, Java 1.7.0_40, I3 processor).

ok
[Oct 15, 2013, 7:27:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

"Créer une video" hangs. Same files, lowest format and quality, works with 4.0 but creation just doesn't get started with 4.2b. Direct playback works, though. (Win8, Java 1.7.0_40, I3 processor).

[Oct 15, 2013, 7:45:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Thanks, I could reproduce this issue. Strangely, it doesn't seem to happens out of Java Web Start.
[Oct 15, 2013, 11:57:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 99   Pages: 10   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved