Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 99
Posts: 99   Pages: 10   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 202430 times and has 98 replies Next Thread
okh
Advanced Member

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Sweet Home 3D 4.2

As the doorOrWindowCutOutShape# property is new, it's not managed by the Furniture Library Editor, but the current beta version of the Editor does manage it]
So far so good and sh3d_4.2_b9 works well. Tested a window that needs SVG path. Result: this urban window works as intended in 4.0_b9 (auto cutout cannot work because it is different from window shape).

Model with properties in this library - library edited and works well with the beta version of the Editor - albeit with cut-out and window ledges added manually... (and example .sh3d file for 4.2 +, obviously the cut-out makes it useless in earlier versions < 4.2.)

ok

PS I am sure you know the cutout does not work on arched walls (but I guess it would be near impossible to make it work...)
[Oct 16, 2013, 2:32:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Congratulations, you found a very nice way to use the doorOrWindowCutOutShape# property! smile

I am sure you know the cutout does not work on arched walls
If you mean round walls, yes, it doesn't wok on round walls. Maybe one day, but I don't think it will be in this version.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Oct 16, 2013, 6:56:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Congratulations, you found a very nice way to use the doorOrWindowCutOutShape# property! [:)

Thanks, but yours is the implementation of the cut-out. I just tested it :-). Slightly modified the models above, when I realised the real window looked a bit different (walls not visible around the window ledge).

Note that making it more elaborate is not difficult, but the point is making a generic, simple model that gives the general impression of the façade with the illusion of an old-style window. And, of course, to test the cut-out of 4.2.beta.

ok
[Oct 16, 2013, 10:47:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

The Beta 10 brings the ability to zoom in and out in the scale and origin steps of the background image import wizard. This should users to help them enter the scale of their background image with more precision.

[Oct 17, 2013, 9:45:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Emmanuel,

That works great! Very useful!

Could you maybe add another small feature?
Constrain the scaling line to horizontal by holding the SHFT or CTRL key? Maybe add 15 degree increments?

Hans
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Oct 17, 2013, 10:41:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Perfect, this is useful. This example shows just how useful.

I tried to do this building on a laptop, near impossible before.
(It is probably not a bug, but FYI: on a WinPC CTRL-ScrollWheel does not zoom in this window. And in the 2d window, CTRL-ScrollWheel also does not work when drawing walls or rooms. But this is not new to sh3d 4.2)

ok
[Oct 18, 2013, 8:43:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Otherwise - nothing to report from b10 (well, create video still does not work, but I haven't updated Java as the download now requests - I am on a slow and unreliable gsm connection).

Your new cutout function raises a small question, though. With the possibility to create advanced windows and doors, it is very tempting to add lightsource to a door window (or in wall aquarium ). But I didn't manage on a door/window (lightsource properties disappears). Clearly not a big issue as the workaround is so easy, but it raises the general question of how you want to deal with complex furniture properties (and the editing interface) in the future.

ok
('the more accessible properties the better' user, who realises not confusing the user may be more important :-) )
[Oct 18, 2013, 9:03:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Thanks for your feedbacks. smile

Constrain the scaling line to horizontal by holding the SHFT or CTRL key?
I added an horizontal/vertical constraint when SHIFT key is pressed in the Beta 11, but won't go further at this time.

on a WinPC CTRL-ScrollWheel does not zoom in this window.
Maybe it will in a future version, but not in 4.2.

And in the 2d window, CTRL-ScrollWheel also does not work when drawing walls or rooms. But this is not new to sh3d 4.2)
Yes, it's on purpose, otherwise there are some cases where the current point of the drawn wall/room would jump weirdly.

With the possibility to create advanced windows and doors, it is very tempting to add lightsource to a door window (or in wall aquarium ). But I didn't manage on a door/window (lightsource properties disappears).
Interesting case... Never thought about this! wink
But doors and windows are treated differently from lights at the moment, and lights specified for a door will be simply ignored.
[Oct 18, 2013, 10:37:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

But doors and windows are treated differently from lights at the moment, and lights specified for a door will be simply ignored.
Yes, and by all means, this is certainly not a problem. Of course, I did not expect the combined window/lightsource to work, but I just had to try...

But the more clever features you add for furniture, the more users may want to do with the furniture interface. So you may want to keep it in the back of your mind if you work at the furniture properties interface (also FurnitureLibraryEditor). But again, very nice features - and nothing that cannot be solved.

ok
[Oct 18, 2013, 11:58:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

The Beta 12 fixes a bug reported by Hans about a wrong empty 3D view and an older one reported by okh about video creation issue.
The video creation bug doesn't happen only in the Beta version, it also happens in the Online version and with the current version of Sweet Home 3D run with Java Web Start, when a version of Java equal to 7u25 or greater is used. Actually, it's due to a regression in Java itself but I found a workaround to avoid it (quite dirty from my developer's point of view, but I didn't find an other way to circumvent this bug).
[Oct 19, 2013, 6:01:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 99   Pages: 10   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved