Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 99
Posts: 99   Pages: 10   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 203099 times and has 98 replies Next Thread
Puybaret
Expert

France
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Sweet Home 3D 4.2

The transparency that you can set in the color choice dialog box isn't used at the moment. Maybe I'll change that for final version 4.2, if it's not too complicated.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Oct 26, 2013, 10:13:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

There I go again, to quick. Of course the COLOUR is not set to 50% - the TRANSPARENCY is. But the value in sh3d shows 0 and cannot be changed (slide jumps back / value resets).

Or to be more accurate, the .mtl original look like this:
newmtl glass
illum 1
Ka 0.2 0.2 0.2
Kd 0.7058824 0.98039216 0.98039216
Ks 0.0 0.0 0.0
Ns 1.0
Ni 1.0
d 0.50196075

ok
[Oct 26, 2013, 10:15:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Thanks. Crossing posts. I guessed that alpha was still "under construction" but just wanted to let you know. Good luck with alpha (would be very cool, but not really a priority, I guess).

ok
[Oct 26, 2013, 10:20:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

OKH, Emmanuel,

In my beta 14 there is NO transparency slider. There is still the ´old´ Shininess slider, which goes from Matt 0 to Shiny 128.
Maybe the program behaves differently under Ubuntu?

Hans
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Oct 26, 2013, 11:54:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

The transparency slider shown in okh´s screen captures are part of the standard color choice dialog in Java 7 under Windows and Mac OS X, but not under Ubuntu as far as I know. I'll try to disable it if it's possible to avoid some confusion.
[Oct 26, 2013, 3:50:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Emmanuel,

I´ll write Ubuntu and ask if they can implement it.
Let´s see if they are as quick as you are ;-)

Hans
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Oct 26, 2013, 4:09:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

To avoid any confusion about the use of Alpha/Transparency sliders in the color choice dialog, I removed them in the Beta 15.
[Oct 28, 2013, 10:20:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Oh well... :-) -- the new colour choice dialogue in Java 7 really is very nice, though, even without the alpha.

ok
[Oct 29, 2013, 9:29:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
oxygen

Russia

Puybaret, thank you for the work on the new version)) Could I ask you about transparency option?
As far as I understood from a previous conversation, you are now discussing the possibility of changing the transparency of the materials. Do you plan to continue the development of this option for the next version of SH3D?

I think it's a very important option for a number of materials, such as plastic or glass for interior objects (vases, figurines, glass shower screens, etc.) or fruit and drinks. Presently available options do not allow to work accurately with a transparency of objects, .png-files do not work very well as a transparent textures.
[Oct 29, 2013, 2:47:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

While moving a non-straight wall, with an SVG cutout door, the 3d window suddenly stopped showing the move in the 2d window (however, the focus of the 3d window kept shifting, and the door moved further than the cutout). When I closed the file, and reopened, the 3d window was correct. Probably a random glitch, but it never happened before.

And this you probably know. I (accidentally) opened a URL to the online version on a server and got this:

ok
[Oct 29, 2013, 3:01:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 99   Pages: 10   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved