Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 99
Posts: 99   Pages: 10   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 202465 times and has 98 replies Next Thread
okh
Advanced Member

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Sweet Home 3D 4.2

...the possibility of changing the transparency of the materials.
.png-files do not work very well as a transparent textures.

Agree it would be cool (but not highest on my priority list). Also note that if you really want to, you can export furniture to OBJ file and change the transparency in the MTL file manually to achieve the same.

ok
[Oct 29, 2013, 3:36:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

.. moving a non-straight wall, with an SVG cutout door, the 3d window suddenly stopped showing the move in the 2d window (however, the focus of the 3d window kept shifting, and the door moved further than the cutout). ...

It just happened again. This time moving a rectangular window with no pre-specified cutout (but doorOrWindowWallThickness and doorOrWindowWallDistance). Window stuck in one place in 3d window while being moved in 2d window (yet the focus of the 3d window changes and can be manipulated as usual). In fact, the window is stuck regardless of Aerial view or virtual visit or changing between them.
[Oct 29, 2013, 8:24:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

oxygen, I hope I'll add a transparency slider in Materials dialog box in version 4.3. But don't hope too much from it, and don't be astonished if you get some Z buffer transparency issues like the ones okh reported earlier in this thread.

okh, when the kind of error you report happens, there must be some helpful trace that appears in the Java console. Could you enable it and report it the trace that appears in the console (some text starting by "Exception in thread...")?

And this you probably know. I (accidentally) opened a URL to the online version on a server and got this:
I'm aware about this message, it should be handled in the final release of version 4.2.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Oct 30, 2013, 12:00:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

... some helpful trace that appears in the Java console.

Trace sent by e-mail with offending model.

ok
[Oct 30, 2013, 8:31:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Thanks okh for the information you sent, I fixed the bug you reported in the Beta 16.
[Oct 30, 2013, 2:27:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Thank you! A quick check and I was not able to recreate the issue (which I could under b15).

ok

PS - I still get error messages in the Java Console though - anything I should look for?
[Oct 30, 2013, 4:38:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Sweet Home 3D 4.2 is out. Thank you all for your support. smile
[Oct 31, 2013, 12:11:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Emmanuel,

Thank you for version 4.2. I´m afraid I found a problem using Ubuntu 12.04 and Oracle Java 7.

The program starts normally and allows me to open files created with the beta 4.2.
However, when I try to open files created with an earlier version (I tried files created with 4.1 and 4.0) there´s strange behaviour:
1 - When I open a file created in v4.1 or v4.0, the program seems to close. Strangely enough the tab that indicates a program is running stays active, and when I use System Monitor, the program is shown as active as well. However, there is no way to make the program display anything. I have to use End or KIll to terminate the program.
2 - When I first open a file created with a beta of v4.2, and then open a file created with an older version, the program instance showing the v4.2 file stays active and accessible, but the program instance of the v4.1 or v4.0 file doesn´t come up and is not accessible. Again, the only way to terminate those instances is to use the End or Kill command, which of course also ends the correctly running v4.2 instance of the program.

Hans
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Oct 31, 2013, 5:04:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Sweet Home 3D 4.2 is out. Thank you all for your support. smile

Thank you, and congratulations.
[Oct 31, 2013, 8:38:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Hans, how do you run Sweet Home 3D? With Java Web Start or the Jar executable?
[Oct 31, 2013, 9:11:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 99   Pages: 10   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved