Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 99
Posts: 99   Pages: 10   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 202427 times and has 98 replies Next Thread
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Sweet Home 3D 4.2

Emmanuel,

I always use the installed version, that´s the 881 byte file.

Hans
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Oct 31, 2013, 10:01:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

The installers versions still use Java 6 (information shown in About dialog), but it would be astonishing that it could provoke a bad interaction with Java 7 installed in the system. I'll check...
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Oct 31, 2013, 10:12:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Emmanuel,

The webstart version opens every file I try without problems.

Haans
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Oct 31, 2013, 11:05:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
m@

Thanks for the new version!
Although the checkbox "check for updates" was enabled in my 4.1.-Version, the software did not inform me about the new release. Even hitting the "check now" button did not help. Maybe this was a bug in 4.1. ?
[Oct 31, 2013, 10:10:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hal9000
Advanced Member

Spain

m@, if you re-read a few posts above you'll see that version 4.2 is currently on beta stage.
If a long walk every day were healthy, mailmen would be immortal. tongue
[Oct 31, 2013, 11:47:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

hal900, version 4.2 is out since yesterday evening (I posted a message in this thread, updated the main page, the History page and published an article in the blog today).

m@, the updates check feature displays a message coming from the web server. As there's always a risk to miss a last big issue, I prefer not to rush to inform every users when I release a new version, and updated this update message only tonight (thanks for recalling me anyway). It should work now. smile
[Nov 1, 2013, 12:13:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hal9000
Advanced Member

Spain

Oops. So it was me who missed the important post. blushing And when I say "the post" I mean just the post, because I read the later post by Hansmex about the problem with the files from previous versions, but the last post I read about a release was beta 16.

Well, good to know it's out, anyway. smile

m@... I said nothing. whistling

tongue
If a long walk every day were healthy, mailmen would be immortal. tongue
[Edit 2 times, last edit by hal9000 at Nov 1, 2013, 1:03:39 AM]
[Nov 1, 2013, 12:57:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Hans,
About the crash you reported in version 4.2, could you check whether it happens with the installer version 4.1? I suspect you didn't encounter this bug before the release of version 4.2, because you were running the Beta with Java 7 and not with Java 6 as does the installer version.
[Nov 1, 2013, 4:16:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
m@

Hi Emmanuel

I encounter a strange problem with the .dmg-version 4.2.: the render process stops after a few minutes and the "save" Button turns from inactive to active. It is even possible to save the uncompleted photo. But no error message appears. What could be wrong?
[Nov 1, 2013, 11:11:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

m@
Do you think it's a regression? Could you reproduce this issue more than once? If yes, could you send me the faulty file?
[Nov 1, 2013, 11:34:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 99   Pages: 10   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved