Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5033 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
kelemvor

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
How can I import this file?

SO I'm looking for 3d models of Ikea cabinets since their online software is kind of crappy but SH3D is awesome.

Anyway, I found this collection that's made for Sketchup but I don't know how I can get it into SH3D. If I download the DAE file, it's all the models in one file and I need them to be separate items.
http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/detail...da774af8214ec1fe95ce3176b

Do I need to install Sketchup and import it in there and then export the objects individually? I don't know how to use Sketchup so if that's what I need to do, feel free to give me a quick tutorial. :)

If there's some other way I can use these items, let me know.

Or, if there's a way I can easily create my own models (since they're just boxes after all) let me know as I'm willing to give that a shot too.

Thanks!
[Nov 13, 2013, 12:04:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: How can I import this file?

1 - Download and install Sketchup, free version
2 - Load the file
3 - Delete all models except one
4 - Use Export -> 3D models to export your file
5 - Check if the file imports correctly in SH3D. If correct, proceed with step 7
6 - If you see odd behaviour, in Sketchup do Export -> 3D models -> Options and make sure to check at least the box that says Export two sided faces, Then proceed with step 4 and 5. If not OK, repeat, check more boxes until satisfied.
7 - Enjoy your new model in SH3D
8 - In Sketchup use Undo to restore all models and repeat this proces from step 3.

Hans
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Nov 13, 2013, 1:12:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

SO I'm looking for 3d models of Ikea cabinets since their online software is kind of crappy but SH3D is awesome.

Agreed!

Just make sure the measurements match what you want.

I tried this model once (because it said accurate measurements). The measurements did not match the kitchen I had in mind. This could be a market thing (US vs Scandinavia), but IKEA also changes standard from time to time. In Scandinavia they are now discontinuing the old standard (with the dimensions I'm used to).

Point is - you may get more accurate kitchen results by using standard models (or from free models page ) and just change to the measurements you find on the IKEA site.

ok
[Nov 13, 2013, 8:50:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
JeanneDes

US

Thanks, okh, that is excellent advice and what I will do.
[Dec 12, 2013, 2:39:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved