Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 13
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 14365 times and has 12 replies Next Thread
FlaviaPinheiro

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
confused How cam i do pipes or hydraulic connections?

hello!
I am Brazilian, and I want to know how make pipes because I tried to make a downloading of model plumbing or hydraulic connections in 3D, but i am not finding ....
[Nov 15, 2013, 3:48:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: How cam i do pipes or hydraulic connections?

You could use long, thin cylinders.

H
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Nov 16, 2013, 4:30:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

hello!
I am Brazilian, and I want to know how make pipes ...

Like hansmex says: for the basics using a several (imported, resized and rotated) cylinders should get you a long way.

You can also make your own pipes with the tools listed on the
3D Models page, like Art of Illusion or Blender. And there are numerous other alternatives too, such as Sketchup. As long as the package can export to .obj (Wavefront) or .dae (Collada) format, the models can (usually :-) ) be imported directly into SH3d.

As 3d modelling goes, making a pipe is not the hardest of challenges as cylindrical objects are pretty standard. Getting a high level of detail with joints and bends may require some patience if you are new to modelling in a 3d workspace.

ok
[Nov 16, 2013, 12:00:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Don't know if this can be of help, but here is a link toa a file with a couple of my pipe/plumbing models. Obviously you need to resize, rotate, change colour (and group together) these models to fit your own.

pipes_plumbing.sh3d

ok
[Nov 18, 2013, 8:22:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
ottertooth

Don't know if this can be of help, but here is a link toa a file with a couple of my pipe/plumbing models. Obviously you need to resize, rotate, change colour (and group together) these models to fit your own.

pipes_plumbing.sh3d

ok

These are perfect. How do you add them to your furniture library? I could only import 'pipe vert' - but I want to add all 4 of them. I went to 'import' but it only imported one of the pipes. I don't see any options for getting the other 3. What is the procedure for importing all 4?
[May 26, 2019, 8:32:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK

Select each item individually, export it and import it, if you put a check mark in the box to add to library you should be able to get all four
[May 26, 2019, 9:22:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
ottertooth

Select each item individually, export it and import it, if you put a check mark in the box to add to library you should be able to get all four

How do you do that? Nothing I'm doing works.

I clicked on the pipes_plumbing.sh3d link again. It says "You have already downloaded this." So I look in the folder where it's downloaded. I'm not seeing any option to choose the other 3 pipes individually. There's just the file I already downloaded and imported, and I only get one pipe out of that.

I can see all 4 pipes in the Sweet Home 3d window that opens up, but there does not appear to be any way to install the other 3 pipes into the actual program.

I don't see any 'export' option other than 'export to OBJ format' and 'export to SVG format. Is that it? Not sure what those do. When I attempt those, it says "the format of the chosen model isn't supported. Please choose another model."

Clicking on one of them and choosing 'import background image' doesn't work. I don't see anything that allows me to import the 3 other pipes.
[May 26, 2019, 10:44:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK

When you open "pipes plumbing sh3d" you see all four pipes, that is where you select each item, i think you may be confusing this SH3D file with a library file which is a SH3F file, which would add each item into your library in 1 go.
[May 26, 2019, 11:12:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK

To export.... select an item, go to the drop down menu "3d view" select "export to obj format", browse to a folder where you wish to temporarily store it, then go to drop down menu "furniture", choose the option "import furniture", scroll to your chosen folder, select the item with the .obj extension, not the .mtl, follow the instructions to import it, remember to check the box "add to catalogue" in the 3rd screen. You will need to do this for each item.
[May 26, 2019, 11:21:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
ottertooth

To export.... select an item, go to the drop down menu "3d view" select "export to obj format", browse to a folder where you wish to temporarily store it, then go to drop down menu "furniture", choose the option "import furniture", scroll to your chosen folder, select the item with the .obj extension, not the .mtl, follow the instructions to import it, remember to check the box "add to catalogue" in the 3rd screen. You will need to do this for each item.

Ok, I got it now. You have to click on a pipe in the main window and then click on it again in the 3D window before you can export it. Once you do that they all have the same name 'pipes_plumbing.obj'. You have to do them one at a time and overwrite the file each time. I was looking for different file names.

Thanks.
[May 27, 2019, 12:31:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved