Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 9
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5157 times and has 8 replies Next Thread
Ajarudin

India
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
confused Please Help...

I want to make sloped roof on my designed house..

and how to make upper side rounded wall like this ..|^|..
where ^ is rounded
[Jan 9, 2014, 5:43:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
rkv104

Re: Please Help...

there is roof models package that has different types of roofs that you can use

http://www.mediafire.com/download/sk2mo3071ujam3m/roofs.sh3f

download and double click on file to install. and then restart sweethome3d ....then 'roof' category will be available furniture...select 'gable' roof for your purpose...i am assuming you know how to set height, width, angle etc...

cheers
[Jan 9, 2014, 8:00:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
rkv104

oh sorry use 'circular' roof for your purpose...if you want rounded roof....
[Jan 9, 2014, 8:02:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

and how to make upper side rounded wall like this ..|^|..
where ^ is rounded

In addition to the excellent roofs proposed, you can also make a round wall in SH3D, export it to .obj format, re-import it and rotate it. And there is, of course, the slopingCeilingGuide by hansmex.

ok
[Jan 9, 2014, 12:14:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Sorry, there's no direct way to create walls with a round shape at its top.

rkv104, your roof library looks nice. smile
Are you the one who proposed the same roofs in a 3D model ticket? Did you you design these roof shapes yourself?
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Puybaret at Jan 9, 2014, 6:57:12 PM]
[Jan 9, 2014, 6:48:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
rkv104

No the library is not created by me...i found it following one of sweethome3d threads........

probably 'Krams036' is the creator of these wonderful roofs...

whosoever did it ...its a great help to all the users of sweethome3d ...

cheers,
[Jan 10, 2014, 5:20:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
rkv104

i am not sure about licensing issues....if that's the case please do not use them....
[Jan 10, 2014, 5:23:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
rkv104

i have deleted the file from above mentioned link...as licensing does not allow redistribution....guys make the rounded roof using half semi circular cylinder..rotated correctly....
[Jan 10, 2014, 5:43:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Some roofs amongst my mock-ups (category geometry). I will update the file (with proper cut-outs). Models made by me CC-BY. Basic roofs are fairly straightforward. Making a rounded roof, took less than 5 minutes:

• Draw a wall the shape of your roof (as if the roof stands on its side).
  • Select wall and export selection to .obj format
  • Import and rotate.

See images below.

Your challenge in this case is making end walls with arched tops. (In the mock-up models above, you will find a half circle which could be used to cover the ends of your he roof when you first draw it.)

[Jan 10, 2014, 8:34:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved