Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 6
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5640 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
supseb

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Export 3D view

Hello,
thanks a lot for your great software and the way you work on it to extend its possibilities.

Maybe it's stupid, but I would like to use vectorial file with the 3D view on it, is it possible ? is there a possibility to convert ? or just take a SVG picture of the 3D view ?

Thanks a lot !
[Jan 15, 2014, 12:49:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Export 3D view

You can export the 3D view to a vectorial 3D file at OBJ + MTL format with the 3D view > Export to OBJ format menu item. Then, maybe there exists some tools able to import OBJ files and generate a vectorial 2D file at a given point of view...
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jan 15, 2014, 9:02:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Seems you found out you can do 2d to SVG and 3d to OBJ. Or photo/screen-grab the 3d view to a raster image file. Maybe there is a rendering tool for OBJ files that can produce SVG files? Or a tool that can approximate an SVG file based on a raster graphic (Actually, I did use one, once, but I cannot remember which and it was only useful for very simple monochrome images.)

You could of course, import a raster image into Inkscape. It would still only be embedded raster, but you could outline your model if you are patient.

But why would you want a vector 2D file of a 3d view?

ok
[Jan 15, 2014, 9:16:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
supseb

I would like to use it in another soft and would be able to zoom without pixelize...
[Jan 15, 2014, 3:02:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Do tell if you find something that can turn the .obj file into SVG :-) If not, I guess you will just have to be patient enough to generate a photo at sufficient resolution.

ok

(PS - you would still have pixeled textures in detailed SVG zooms, wouldn't you?)
[Jan 15, 2014, 4:21:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
supseb

Hi,
I have a new request about 3D export : it's about Collada.
I converted the OBJ with Blender, but when I use the Collada file there's a pb with textures and distances.
When I re-open the Collada file in SH3D, everything seems to work well...

Do someone have any idea ????
Thanks.
[May 12, 2014, 9:25:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved