Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 7043 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
canonex

Belgium
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Problems with roof (and ceilings)

Hi all,

first let me say that this is a superb program. I used to make my design in Visio before but SH3D is simply much easier and 3D.

I have only been working with this since approx. 2 weeks but I am having difficulties with creating a roof for my design.

I created the two floors and the major part of the roof is a normal saddle roof, but we have a garage with a normal roof integrated for a part in the saddle and I don't know how to do this in SH3D.

I tried to use the pdf document but I simply don't get it.

And I don't know if it's related to the roof problem, but I am not able to get ceilings either.

Thanks in advance

Steven
[Feb 9, 2014, 9:26:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Re: Problems with roof (and ceilings)

Hi,

• Ceilings appear over rooms (if ceiling check-box in room properties is checked). However, if you have roofs that do not reach the ceiling (or lots of strange angles), this does not always produce the desired effect. BUT, drawing a roof will solve that as the underside also will be the ceiling.
  • 'Saddle roof' is ambiguous, but for a roof with normal surfaces and angles, you could either combine and scale the roof models available on the models page, or
  • You could make your own, for instance like this.

• Draw a wall the shape and size of your roof - but as if it stands on one side.

• The height of the wall equal to the length of the roof, the corner should be the same as the angle of the roof. Add colours etc.
    • Select the walls and export selection to .obj format.
    • Import the .obj file and rotate it with the green arrows in the import menu.
    • (If you need skylights, you should add the windows under step b)

ok

PS - For a saddle roof with convex curves, i.e. a hyperbolic paraboloid, it would be more complicated... smile For other challenges, Hansmex' roof guide will steer you in the right direction.
[Feb 10, 2014, 8:39:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Room217

Hello,

Ceiling and roofs are a little hard to do it...

Check this house I made... I tried to combine all the roof parts (is not 100% match but you can have an ideia)... Hansmex guide will help you.

(Sorry my english)
[Mar 3, 2014, 4:13:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Room217

links

http://www.4shared.com/photo/-KxHMf6vce/exemple1.html
http://www.4shared.com/photo/32B9LgHLba/exemple2.html
[Mar 3, 2014, 4:22:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved