Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 22
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 10516 times and has 21 replies Next Thread
neguan

US
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
applause Re: Help!! How can I use textures as stained glass?

I know this is an old thread but just in case someone is still trying to find a way to create stained glass windows.

I needed to create them for a project and it was much easier that I had anticipated:

I chose the window I wanted to use and placed it. Then I clicked over it to go to the "modify furniture" dialog. / Then you can go to "Color and Texture" and chose "Materials:Modify". In the next dialog chose the glass planel, right now is grey and unchanged. Select "texture" and put anything you want. I personally created the final texture before (as a simple jpg) so I imported it. Leave the Shininess to Matt. This way can see the stained glass texture in both sides.

Then in the photo rendering you can see how your window still looks like glass.
If you place small white light sources (from the "furniture - lights" section) right in front of the windows you will see the light shinning when you take an advanced photo.

https://s27.postimg.org/kyezibkmb/small_windows_outside.png

https://s30.postimg.org/skqm1pktt/small_windows_inside.png

Very very very simple.
[Jan 9, 2017, 8:35:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
BettyGreene

United States
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Help!! How can I use textures as stained glass?

Interesting. Thanks.
[Jan 11, 2017, 1:06:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved