Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 5
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5236 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
Chevinster

Sri Lanka
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
sad Different Wall Thickness (start & end)

Sweet Home 3D is a great software & thanks.

I was trying to make a pillar Type water building That start with a 10" thickness & middle of it change to 4" & again it end with 15" thickness but I was unable to do that. I managed to make a cylinder type wall since I couldn't find an option to change the wall thickness in start & end.

If there is a way to do that please advice step by step how to proceed.

If you don't understand what i want to do I have attached 2 images.

I think if you can add an option to change the the wall thickness in begging of wall & end of wall differently you are making this software open for new creative designs.

Thanks in advance
Chevinster

[Mar 28, 2014, 11:29:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Re: Different Wall Thickness (start & end)

Would two curved walls running next to each other - an inner and an outer wall - do the trick?

ok
[Mar 29, 2014, 8:46:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Chevinster

Sri Lanka

ya can try but not the best thing or wont give the smooth look.
[Mar 29, 2014, 12:21:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
harbinger

US

You'll probably have to do what i was forced to do: model an object in a 3rd party CAD or 3D modeling application & import it into the furniture library. In that case you'll have a lot more control -- you just have to save it in a format that SH3D can handle (i HIGHLY recommend OBJ with an accompanying MAT file).

Our dear programmer must keep a balance between ease of use and user "customizability." So i don't know if the ability to dictate exact wall dimensions at all points would be viable with his overall vision for SH3D.

I would however would love walls that fade to different thicknesses...
[Apr 10, 2014, 8:56:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

As the attached example shows you can play with multiple walls with a different thickness to get something that would look like you want a little. But it requires some big efforts to draw it, and I would keep that trick only for this simpler case.
----------------------------------------
Attachment WallWithVariousThickness.sh3d (3279 bytes) (Download count: 1916)

----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Apr 11, 2014, 8:49:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved