Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 5
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5449 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
hal9000
Advanced Member

Spain
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Direct3D not working

Hello.

Not sure if this thread should go here or under the "installation" subforum. I just upgraded from SH3D 4.1 32b to 4.3 64b. I was using this SweetHome3D.l4j.ini:
-Xmx1024m
-Dj3d.rend=d3d
-Dsun.java2d.d3d=true
-Dsun.java2d.noddraw=false
-Dsun.java2d.ddoffscreen=true
-Dsun.java2d.ddscale=true
-Dcom.eteks.sweethome3d.deploymentInformation=DirectX
-Dcom.eteks.sweethome3d.j3d.PhotoRenderer.highQuality.antiAliasing.min=1
-Dcom.eteks.sweethome3d.j3d.PhotoRenderer.highQuality.antiAliasing.max=2
-Dcom.eteks.sweethome3d.j3d.PhotoRenderer.highQuality.shininessShader=glossy

It worked fine with 4.1 32b, but when I try to open 4.3 64b with it all that I get is the splash screen and the application never starts.

If I remove (or comment with #) the line "-Dj3d.rend=d3d" then the application starts normally.

Could I do something to fix it?

Thanks.
----------------------------------------
If a long walk every day were healthy, mailmen would be immortal. tongue
[Apr 3, 2014, 11:47:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Direct3D not working

Sorry, the DirectX workaround is available only for Windows 32 bit.
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Apr 3, 2014, 1:50:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

If you absolutely need to run Sweet Home 3D 4.3 with DirectX, you can install Java 32 bit and run SweetHome3D-DirectX.jnlp with javaws.exe found in Java 32 bit install folder.
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Apr 3, 2014, 1:54:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hal9000
Advanced Member

Spain

OK, thanks Emmanuel.

In fact is not a great problem, usually I don't bother about Direct3D or OpenGL, as I don't see too many difference for the rather simple 3D visualization of the virtual visit mode. I just left it using Direct3D because that way the 3D output can be processed by Tridef 3D Ignition to generate a stereoscopic realtime image which can be viewed as a 3D image in a 3D monitor.

Nevertheless that's not something I do frequently, it's rather a curiosity, so if I need to do it again I'll do it the way you said.

Regards.
[Apr 3, 2014, 2:34:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hal9000
Advanced Member

Spain

Hello.

I came back to this old post because I'm noticing something weird with the 3D visualisation. I'm using an old ATI Radeon HD 4350, which doesn't have support from AMD for Windows 10, so I'm using it with the driver which is installed from Windows Update, with versión 8.970.100.9001, as said in this AMD's article:
http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Page...000-and-older-Series.aspx

But I noticed when I try to move around in the 3D view it does very slow and jumping from a position to the next instead a continuous movement. Although the graphic card is not very powerful it was working fine with Windows 7, so I was wondering if this Windows Update driver is not using acceleration for OpenGL and instead it's making a software emulation. I was about to test SH3D in D3D mode, but then I remembered this post about the impossibility to make it in 64 bit mode. Is still not possible with latest version of SH3D?

P.S.: OK, I just noticed the "about" dialog says "version 5.4 DirectX", but then I cannot understand that poor performance on 3d view... confused
[Edit 2 times, last edit by hal9000 at Apr 4, 2017, 3:44:16 PM]
[Apr 4, 2017, 2:11:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved