Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 96
Posts: 96   Pages: 10   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 269539 times and has 95 replies Next Thread
okh
Advanced Member

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Sweet Home 3D 4.4

Can I just delete the content of the entries in autoCompletionStrings# ?
Actually, that was a stupid question. Sorry. Just did, and it works. Recent files are back. Me happy smile.

By the way, the new version splash warning confuses me a bit.
The home "C:\xxx\xxx\xxxx.sh3d" was created with a more recent version of Sweet Home 3D.
The information added to home in that version won't appear with the version of Sweet Home 3D you use now.

As far as I can tell all of the information added in 4.4 BETA is also available when using 4.3.

ok
[Apr 5, 2014, 12:12:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Before changing anything in eTeks\Sweet Home 3D private folder, I would create a backup of it, so if something goes wrong, you can get back your previous settings.

As far as I can tell all of the information added in 4.4 BETA is also available when using 4.3.
No, a rotated texture won't appear as rotated in version 4.3 and if you save a sh3d file with Sweet Home 3D 4.3 in which you used a rotated texture, it won't appear as rotated anymore when you reopen it in version 4.4. Same thing for dropOnTopElevation value, and future information that might be added in coming beta versions.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Apr 5, 2014, 12:31:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
pmralbuquerque

Portugal

Hi Emmanuel,
there are some menu commands needing translation, but I can't find them in the language file available on the site. Is it my error?
Regards,
Pedro.
[Apr 6, 2014, 10:10:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Pedro, the new features are only translated in English and French at this moment.
Once all the features I want to add will be in the beta version, I'll write to you and other translators to translate all of them in one go. Easier for me and for you wink
[Apr 6, 2014, 1:34:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
pmralbuquerque

Portugal
smile Re: Sweet Home 3D 4.4

OK. Keep up the excellent work and thank you.
[Apr 6, 2014, 5:48:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Still looks very good! No crashes, no unexpected results, no hangs after testing a couple of files. New functions appear to work, except possibly (?):

The recent textures, it seems, are not saved in preferences (like recent colours). At least here (Win 8.1, Java version 1.7.0_51 / 32 bit) they have not been available in the next session. But maybe that was intentional?

BTW, I would actually prefer if the set of recent textures (and colours) followed the sh3d file (saved in the home). My two serious project are so different (one mountain shelter with lots of bare wood and coarse textures, one urban with painted walls and fine textures), and when I change between them I really do not need the other set of textures. And if I work on different machines, I would really prefer that I could pick (easily) the recent textures used in that project (and not re-import my own .sh3t). Just a thought smile

...list is longer than 8092 characters... ..It will be fixed in the next version.
After I emptied <entry key="autoCompletionStrings#3">, the recent file list and other prefrences behave well smile. Have not reached 8092 characters yet, but it keeps filling with all names of imported furniture, whether it has been changed or not. My 2p worth is that this is not a vital function and could certainly be cropped at a lot less than 8000.

ok

PS
No, a rotated texture won't appear as rotated in version 4.3
Got it, silly of me, I thought you had implemented something which disabled all new info . How about: "The information added that is specific to the newer version will not work with the version of Sweet Home 3D you use now and will be lost if file is saved ." Totally minor point, of course.
[Apr 7, 2014, 8:31:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Library editing restrictions: When modifying a texture from a texture library, it was never possible to change the size (i.e. "modify"). With 4.4b, it is possible to change the angle of the texture, but not the size/scale.

ok

PS Maybe I missed something in the PluginTexturesCatalog.properties to make textures scalable afterwards?
[Apr 8, 2014, 9:07:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

The recent textures, it seems, are not saved in preferences (like recent colours).
I know. Colors are just a number, so it's easy to save recent colors. Textures are images with other information that may come from the default library, from .sh3t files or individually imported textures, and this is more complicate to save/read when recent textures list is saved in preferences. I keep it in mind for later.

How about: "The information added that is specific to the newer version will not work with the version of Sweet Home 3D you use now and will be lost if file is saved."
Thanks for the suggestion. I think "will not work" is too severe and let the user think it won't work, whereas it could work partly. But I agree with the warning that the information could be lost if the home is saved.

With 4.4b, it is possible to change the angle of the texture, but not the size/scale.
Yes. The effect of changing the texture size may depend on whether the 3D model defines some texture coordinates or not. I think this concept is complicate to explain to beginners and even to advanced users because a 3D model isn't obliged to define all its texture coordinates if they exist. To avoid some comments like "I changed the texture size but this had no effect on the 3D model", I prefer not to propose this feature at the moment.
There's a solution that would avoid the user to worry about texture coordinates, but it's buggy and I'm not sure it can be exported at OBJ format. Don't worry I keep it in mind and will investigate further if I can circumvent the issue I discovered.

Maybe I missed something in the PluginTexturesCatalog.properties to make textures scalable afterwards?
No, but I hope you understood why from my previous comment.
[Apr 8, 2014, 6:10:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Got it! And thanks for explaining. These are very minor issues. Please, see users reporting stuff they do not understand as a vote of confidence smile

Anyway - happy with 4.4b - great improvements on a very good product.

ok
[Apr 8, 2014, 9:06:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
interele

Is it possible to have the No Offscreen Images version
as an installable option

Ta
[Apr 10, 2014, 1:05:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 96   Pages: 10   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved