Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 96
Posts: 96   Pages: 10   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 269597 times and has 95 replies Next Thread
Puybaret
Expert

France
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Sweet Home 3D 4.4

Is it possible to have the No Offscreen Images version
If you mean a version that would let the user set com.eteks.sweethome3d.j3d.checkOffScreenSupport property, it already exists with this Java Web Start link. Sorry but I don't think I'll go further.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Apr 10, 2014, 3:21:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sajmmon

Poland

Hi,

just tested 4.4.

I also experienced problems with deciding which texture I was editing, and blinking helps to solve the problem.

Nonetheless, I am not in favor of blinking - as it is implemented now. It seems that the speed of blinking changes over time, maybe depends on rotating the preview (sometimes blinking is too fast), and new color sometimes doesn't match underlying texture (I get sharp blue).

Would be great if blinking was more gentle.

Szymon
[Apr 11, 2014, 12:03:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

It seems that the speed of blinking changes over time
It's probably due to some race conditions when the 3D preview is displayed, but then I didn't notice any variation. The blink is very short to give users enough time to see how will be the model.

new color sometimes doesn't match underlying texture (I get sharp blue)
Colored material are brighter or darker when they blink according to the color, and textured material blinks with the selection color used in the system. What would you suggest?
[Apr 14, 2014, 1:31:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dijck

België

Thanx Mr Puybaret, the texture option is great and the levels selection was the thing I've asked for some time ago.
Thx again.
rgds
Joseph
[Apr 19, 2014, 7:46:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Hi,

Here's a new Beta of version 4.4 (if you can't run it because certificate is outdated, please reduce security level in Java). This update brings two new features:
- support for sideways moves in the 3D view with the keyboard using Alt + left arrow and Alt + right arrow
- new option to repair partially damaged .sh3d files with the ability to remove damaged 3D models and textures or to display them in red, as proposed in this thread.
When you try to open a corrupted file, the following message will appear:

If you chose to remove or replace the damaged items, the (partially) repaired home will be opened showing the suffix [Repaired] in window title bar. Here's how it could look like when the user chose to replace damaged items:

If you don't have any corrupted file to test this feature on your side (in a way, I hope you don't have any), it's not difficult to create some with a binary editor by changing some bytes in a .sh3d file, or by truncating the file.

Hope this new feature will help desperate users and… will give me less support work too! Keep in mind that hard disks fail sooner or later (years after years, I must have replaced around 5 hard disks here), so always keep great care of your data.
[May 8, 2014, 12:38:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sajmmon

Poland

Hi,

I am really excited about sideways move. It is great! Wow :-) For me it works only with Virtual Visitor View. Please consider a shortcut that enabled sideways move also with mouse (instead of arrows).

btw. despite of my criticism of blinking I do not have an idea how to program this mechanism in a better way (maybe just selected material could disappear for a while)
[May 8, 2014, 7:40:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sajmmon

Poland

And a stacktrace:

java.lang.NullPointerException
at sun.awt.SunToolkit.getSystemEventQueueImplPP(Unknown Source)
at sun.awt.SunToolkit.getSystemEventQueueImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Toolkit.getEventQueue(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.invokeLater(Unknown Source)
at sun.awt.windows.WToolkit.windowsSettingChange(Unknown Source)
at sun.awt.windows.WToolkit.eventLoop(Native Method)
at sun.awt.windows.WToolkit.run(Unknown Source)
java.lang.NullPointerException
at sun.awt.SunToolkit.getSystemEventQueueImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Toolkit.getEventQueue(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.invokeLater(Unknown Source)
at sun.awt.windows.WToolkit.windowsSettingChange(Unknown Source)
at sun.awt.windows.WToolkit.eventLoop(Native Method)
at sun.awt.windows.WToolkit.run(Unknown Source)
[May 8, 2014, 7:41:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Thanks for your feedback.

I am really excited about sideways move. It is great! Wow :-) For me it works only with Virtual Visitor View.
It will work only in Virtual visit mode. It doesn't have sense in Aerial view mode since in the latter case, the point of view always turns around a center of rotation.

Please consider a shortcut that enabled sideways move also with mouse (instead of arrows).
I was thinking about this too, but didn't have any idea of a good gesture. How does it work in FPS games?

And a stacktrace:
How did you get it? What version of Java do you use?
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Puybaret at May 9, 2014, 9:46:29 AM]
[May 8, 2014, 9:01:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

The Beta 3 of version 4.4 are signed with a new certificate issued by Certum that gently granted me a free one as an open source developer. smile
This should avoid the security problems coming from the certificate that I was using until now and that expired recently.

This version fixes also a rendering issue on texture coordinates at doors and windows intersection for some walls drawn with an angle different of 0° or 90° on the plan.
[May 9, 2014, 5:04:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sajmmon

Poland

So far I was unable to reproduce the Stack.

Sideway move in Aerial View was my silly idea :-(

I recorded a video with blinking - it shows the variable speed of blinking:
http://reterio.home.pl/inweb/blinking/blinking.html

Three more observations related to sideway move:

1. When I click ALT in windows7 OS, it selects upper-menu (so when I try to navigate in a room by holding and releasing ALT many times I sometimes navigate unintentionally among menu items).

2. When I hold ALT and use up/down arrows nothing happens, maybe move forward/backward should work as without ALT

3. When I detach 3d view and change focus from app main screen to 3d-view screen I observe probably unintentional behaviour. Eg. sideway move is active without ALT, or move is not possible at all.
[May 10, 2014, 9:19:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 96   Pages: 10   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved