Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 96
Posts: 96   Pages: 10   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 269477 times and has 95 replies Next Thread
harbinger

US
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Sweet Home 3D 4.4

I'd like to help beta-test sh3d 4.4b but I can't seem to download it from the library (without it trying to download it onto the library's computer, which they won't allow).

You must remember, Msr. Puybaret, that many of us, for one reason or another, are not on the internet at home. Me, I download everything onto a flashdrive, then take it home with me, and go thru my downloads at home.

If you provide a link to a downloadable .exe or .jar, I'd love to help test the new version -- it does look promising! cool
[May 10, 2014, 9:20:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

harbinger, I understand your point of view, but I generally distribute beta versions only under Java Web Start, because it's faster for me, and still can work under Windows, Mac OS X and Linux. If I started to provide each Beta version under an other form, it would be less time I can spend on development. Exceptionally, here's a double-clickable Jar executable version, but I won't update it again before the final release.

Szymon, thanks for the video. The blinking effect is managed with a simple Swing Timer instance. If you have a little time, could you try some other values in the delay I programmed, and tell me which ones always work for you?

1. When I click ALT in windows7 OS, it selects upper-menu (so when I try to navigate in a room by holding and releasing ALT many times I sometimes navigate unintentionally among menu items).

2. When I hold ALT and use up/down arrows nothing happens, maybe move forward/backward should work as without ALT
I tolerated Alt modifier in Beta 4 when you press up and down arrow keys, so I guess you'll get much less often the unintentional effect you cited in point 1.

3. When I detach 3d view and change focus from app main screen to 3d-view screen I observe probably unintentional behaviour. Eg. sideway move is active without ALT, or move is not possible at all.
I wasn't able to reproduce this effect.

And the stack trace you posted is displayed in the console at Java plug-in launch. Apparently, I doesn't have any effect on the program itself.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[May 12, 2014, 2:26:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
sree.arun.kr
Advanced Member

INDIA

Hello Emmanuel Sir, it become happy to see v4.4b3.
Congrats in advance for v4.4,
But using the beta v.b3 I would like share my results with you
1, Sunflow rendering speed up works fine only if (JDK) JAVA_HOME & Path is defined to my system
Environment variables.Else time & quality almost same.

v4.4b-ArialView_10min24sec & v4.3-ArialView_11min20sec

v4.4-VirtualView_3min25sec & v4.3-VirtualView_3min41sec
2, Rotation works only in view port& Low quality rendering (Already mentioned by hansmex)

3, Sunflow balck dots and white dots are depends on Anti-Aliasing filter and caustic reflection.
Example render outputs->Trial_Render.rar(25MB mediafire.com)
new Edit > Select all at all levels
I wish it will make selection without compass.
5, Why don't you utilize the more render parameters come with Sunflow(Fake GI,IrradianceCache)
6, ImageBasedlighting is good&fast than the sunsky light if properly configure.
I got a reference from hereExternal Link
7, Or provide a user configurable drop-box in photorender window for renderer,light, Anti-aliasing.
8, Current sky is using concentrical mapping instead of spherical mapping(Most common method & HDRI Texture maps are easily available).
9, sun light is reddish in morning instead of bluish(4.30AM-7AM)
10, Best of Luck soon, peace shhh love struck
Thank you & pardon my engilish d oh

[Note from moderator: updated links to images]

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Puybaret at May 13, 2014, 10:07:53 PM]
[May 13, 2014, 10:01:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Tonight the Beta 5 brings two new features:
- Select object menu is replaced by Toggle selection menu in plan contextual menu when shift key is pressed
- Text fields showing lengths were improved mainly when foot/inch/fraction unit is active; these text fields now show lengths in feet and inches, and let the user enter a length using this notation. To avoid entering 1/8 inch characters, you can also type inch decimals. In metrics unit, less decimals are shown and a few weird behaviors were fixed.
Please, Americans but others too, spend some time on testing this change, because it's widely used and a bug could bother many users.

The new Beta describes also the new features in the help.

AruN, thanks for your tests and the ones you did it in November. It's good to know that black dots can disappear using a bigger antialiasing.
Why don't you utilize the more render parameters come with Sunflow(Fake GI,IrradianceCache)
Not sure it' a good idea to invest more time in SunFlow which is not maintained by its main developer anymore. The small improvements on texture transparency I made in march took me already a lot of time. sad
Or provide a user configurable drop-box in photorender window for renderer,light, Anti-aliasing.
I know that defining com.eteks.sweethome3d.j3d.PhotoRenderer... is not handy, but I want to keep the photo creation dialog simple, and not be obliged to support or remove any SunFlow parameter if ever I decide to replace it by an other rendering engine.
new Edit > Select all at all levels
I wish it will make selection without compass.
But then it wouldn't be Select all. Keep in mind that you can still unselect/reselect anything in this selection mode if you keep the shift key pressed.
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Puybaret at May 14, 2014, 6:04:05 PM]
[May 14, 2014, 5:29:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

The Beta 6 fixes some wrong management of the next and previous values in the length text fields.
Hope this time it works perfectly and that Americans will love Sweet Home 3D more than before! smile
[May 15, 2014, 10:43:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
sree.arun.kr
Advanced Member

INDIA
love struck Re: Sweet Home 3D 4.4

It's good to know that black dots can disappear using a bigger antialiasing.

I 'm sorry. I forgot to explain properly the content of Trial render.rar=
(File order)_(parameter/method using)_(its value)_(Time taken to render)
consider 18,19,20th files ,18th picture using Balckman-Haris filter AA.min=0+AA.max=0(AA disabled) gives less &small black dots, in 19th AAmin=2+AA.Max=3 gives more dots ,in 20th AA.min=-3+AA.Max=-2 dots still existing & image blured/smooth.
A value of 0 corresponds to 1 sample per pixel. A value of -1 corresponds to 1 sample every 2 pixels (1 per 2x2 block).A value of 1 corresponds to 4 samples per pixel (2x2 subpixel grid).
box (filter size = 1),triangle (filter size = 2),gaussian (filter size = 3),mitchell (filter size = 4),catmull-rom (filter size = 4),blackman-harris (filter size = 4),sinc (filter size = 4),lanczos (filter size = 4),bspline (filter size = 4)
SO : that black dots 'cannot' disappear using a bigger antialiasing.
Also I saw that reflection=4,refraction=4 have more black-spots than reflection=2,refraction=4 OR reflection=4,refraction=8(the ratio).

Anyway in beta6 1. "Select object & Toggle selection" seems fine because either this is the idea/ a bug that you don't explained so I can't see it.
2. Unit conversion seems works fine but different converters have different fraction constant.
Bug:
In Arial View & day lightsystem(Suppose 7AM) add extra light(suppose blue)source to scene gives shadow color= light(Blue shadow)source color& more GI reflection.
Wish list:
1.A button to clear cache(%AppData%\Roaming\eTeks\Sweet Home 3D\work) after complete project
2.save as .png/tiff with alpha masking channel.
3.If you are planning to change render engine then please sunflow as plugin& yafaray instead.
4.On spot Z rotation for furniture for library.
Thank you. tongue

[May 15, 2014, 9:10:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Thanks for the details.
About reflection/refraction values: at this moment reflection is set to 4 and refraction to 16; do you mean I should reduce refraction to 8 for better results?

Unit conversion seems works fine but different converters have different fraction constant.
Not sure I understood. Maybe you meant that each metric unit use a different count of decimals? It's on purpose, because values smaller that millimeters are not shown, leading to one decimal for centimeter unit and 3 decimals for meter unit.

A button to clear cache(%AppData%\Roaming\eTeks\Sweet Home 3D\work) after complete project
That won't happen because temporary files that aren't necessary anymore when program runs, should be deleted automatically. After an inquiry in source code, I discovered that some temporary files needed for SunFlow rendering weren't deleted once the rendering engine had finished its job, and I fixed this in the Beta 7 that I just released. All other files in the work subfolder can't be deleted before the program ends.
The Beta 7 fixes also a bug that didn't show correctly rotated textures in SunFlow renderer (thanks Hans for reporting this issue).
If you are planning to change render engine then please sunflow as plugin& yafaray instead.
That's what I had in mind too, but as Yafaray isn't programmed in Java, it won't be easy.

Sorry, other wishes won't happen in the next version.
[Edit 3 times, last edit by Puybaret at May 16, 2014, 7:08:38 PM]
[May 16, 2014, 6:38:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

The Beta 10 released this weekend fixes some bugs related to unit conversion in Virtual visitor and Compass dialog boxes, and attributes 2 GB of max memory to Sweet Home 3D run with Java Web Start under 64 bit Windows and Linux systems. Sorry, I didn't find a way to increase the max memory under Mac OS X 64 bit too (sounds like a bug that appears only under that system), but if needed, there's always the solution to use installer version and set the max memory. Under Windows, the JRE launched by default seems to be the 32 bit version if you installed both 16 and 32 bit JREs.
This max memory now appears in the About dialog box for information.

[May 19, 2014, 8:44:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Nice improvements, and no trouble (4.4 Beta 10 Java version 1.7.0_55 / 32 bit / 0.6 GB max):
- 3D window did not update changes made in 2d (happned twice: move door / change level), but could not reproduce.
- Once the plug-ins did not load, could not reproduce.
- Is the web-start security warning: "The application has requested permission to establish connections to www.sweethome3d.com. Do you want to allow this action" new? Could be my Win 8.1 settings, I guess, I just cannot remember seeing it before.

In short - nothing smile

Very happy with the searchable textures - and recent textures.

ok
[May 20, 2014, 2:29:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

3D window did not update changes made in 2d

Same here. Happens every now and then. Not clear why.

H
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[May 20, 2014, 3:46:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 96   Pages: 10   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved