Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 96
Posts: 96   Pages: 10   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 269451 times and has 95 replies Next Thread
okh
Advanced Member

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Sweet Home 3D 4.4

Thanks, so now you know what a small Scandinavian mountain cabin (chalet) looks like at night. This one would - if built - be 8km from nearest electricity. Real off grid. Hence, the candles and stoves (with adjusted colour temperatures...). ok
[Jun 3, 2014, 1:56:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
sree.arun.kr
Advanced Member

INDIA

Hello, Emmanual sir.
I would like to add a simple bug and its fixing method.
The door called 'OpenDoor' in furniture library when attaching to a wall (thickness of 24) is render like a stretched door panel.
By running through furniture.jar DefaultFurnitureCatalog.properties I saw its wall thickness is 7.5. I think it can be solved creating one more copy and rename like 'DoorOpened2'and also changing its doorOrWindowWallThickness#20 = 24 for those users are new in SH3D & complaining it.
(Units are in CM)
----------------------------------------

[Jun 3, 2014, 2:02:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

I tried to reproduce your issue about OBJ export, but didn't notice problems on the DAE file I tried (but I didn't try 10 times).
7. Extract folder 01 content(3dmodel.obj/somthing) where Untitled_Export.obj saved
Even if it's not forbidden, you're not supposed to do that. Who would you do that? wink
10. Exported Obj is bigger and different, but mtl file is almost same.
Files are different but it's not astonishing, their coordinates are not in the same space:
- Imported 3D models and their counterpart in the .sh3d file are generally centered and often expressed in an other unit that the centimeter.
- Exported OBJ files use the same coordinate system as Sweet Home 3D, i.e. in centimeter and probably not centered on (0,0) point depending on where you placed your objects on the plan.
This leads to bigger values in Exported OBJ files and bigger files. Don't forget also to select the option Export selection option while exporting.

The door called 'OpenDoor' in furniture library when attaching to a wall (thickness of 24) is render like a stretched door panel.
By running through furniture.jar DefaultFurnitureCatalog.properties I saw its wall thickness is 7.5. I think it can be solved creating one more copy and rename like 'DoorOpened2'and also changing its doorOrWindowWallThickness#20 = 24 for those users are new in SH3D & complaining it.
I had the same idea for a long time, but don't like to put workarounds in the program itself. Adapting opened door to wall thickness is a complicated feature to program, but it will come one day. By the way, there are all kind of wall thickness around, and this would still be a very approximative workaround in many cases.

1. I am talking about both "Ni" and "d". I think transparency value (Ni/optical density) may not be defined correctly also transparency color is not defined in .Obj format like in .dae does.
I don't see any issue about the d transparency value in MTL files. The management of Ni index of refraction should be ok now. As Ni = 1 value in non sense, I wonder if I should rather choose glass index (1.55) rather than water index (1.33) in that case.

2. 3d window failed to refresh when it loose focusing […]
It's an old issue that happens for some users under Java 7 and still under Java 8. sad
That's the main reason why Sweet Home 3D installer is still bundled with Java 6u45.
With Java 7, I noticed it happens one time out of two mouse moves when you resize the 3D view.

3. When I apply a texture to sky it does not render in Arial view.
It's on purpose, as explained in the help about photo creation. I feel it gives nicer shadows. If you want your sky image, choose the same point of view in Virtual visit mode.

4. If you add a key combination like […]
I don't understand the goal of these keys. Keep in mind that Tab and shift + Tab are used to transfer focus, and alt + Tab to switch between applications under Windows and Linux.
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Puybaret at Jun 3, 2014, 4:16:38 PM]
[Jun 3, 2014, 4:12:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
sree.arun.kr
Advanced Member

INDIA

I tried to reproduce your issue about OBJ export, but didn't notice problems on the DAE file I tried (but I didn't try 10 times).

I deleted my model that I used. Most of the time I uses either in .3ds or .obj. and directly imported form 3ds-max or maya. If these two formats are failed to render properly then I convert it again using any 3rd party application like Meshlab or AccuTrans.
Even if it's not forbidden, you're not supposed to do that. Who would you do that?

biggrin No One Can Stop My Curiosity love struck
Files are different but it's not astonishing, their coordinates are not in the same space:

Thanks for the sharing it,else I think it was a bug that when I import a model which has different parts with pivot points are located in different possion is shown as a squeezed ball.
I don't see any issue about the d transparency value in MTL files.

Sorry I am trying to mention either transparency color is may not be defined or the Ni value limitation is not explained in OBJLoder.java. Because sunflow can render less than '1' value. The proof is in same post, one of the previous comment which with eta values are showing image is rendered in sunflow 0.7.2.
In v4.4 you are limited eta=1.33 that means I can't render diamond(eta 2.415),flush blood(eta0.8)?. laughing
If you want your sky image, choose the same point of view in Virtual visit mode.

Then can you make a switch button from areal view to virtual view or viseversa without changing its point of view including field of vision angle?.
In help about photo creation ,
At a given quality level, you can still improve the image quality by choosing a bigger size for your image, then reducing the size of the computed image in an editor like The Gimp.

In these lines you are talking about to change DPI/PPI of the image?

I don't understand the goal of these keys.
I know these are the global keys and calling inside an application is default.But I am sorry, I forgot to mention its only for reference (or similar to do so). Also can you add one more key, for Photo Rendering window(F9)?.

[Jun 3, 2014, 9:06:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Tonight the Beta 19 should fix the issue Sajmmon reported some time ago. It was due to a wrong memory management that could depend on Java behavior. This same correction should fix also some image texture clones that were generated by OBJ export from time to time.

In v4.4 you are limited eta=1.33 that means I can't render diamond(eta 2.415),flush blood(eta0.8)?
Finally, I forced eta to 1.55 for a Ni value smaller or equal to 1.
As a value smaller than 1 is not realistic, and that a Ni value of 1 is actually wrongly generated by Blender export, I decide it was more logical to use the index of refraction of the glass 1.55 for wrong values in Sweet Home 3D, a program used to represent furniture, windows,… as I may recall you. wink

At a given quality level, you can still improve the image quality by choosing a bigger size for your image, then reducing the size of the computed image in an editor like The Gimp.

In these lines you are talking about to change DPI/PPI of the image?
No, just resizing it to a smaller size. You can set an other DPI if you want too, but that won't reduce the file size of the image. Anyway there's no DPI information in images generated by Sweet Home 3D.
[Jun 4, 2014, 5:57:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
sree.arun.kr
Advanced Member

INDIA

Beta 19 is released with fixed blinking issue.?
Then Sorry to say the problem is is still exist. You can clearly see it by set priority of javaw.exe to low in Task manager.(I am confused beta 19 is slightily slower in perfomance than beta 1, especially in Arial view ?.)
As a value smaller than 1 is not realistic
You are right , but reducing the Refraction Index less than '1' can make easly setup metal like gold.(0.4-0.6) blushing
My reference sites are : Link 1 , Link2

There's no DPI information in images generated by Sweet Home 3D
I think then the image viewing application or windows read it as default dpi 72.
If you are planning to add a dpi value then it must be 300 I wish. biggrin (Human eyes can faked by DPI of 600 silly )

[Jun 4, 2014, 8:27:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Then Sorry to say the problem is is still exist. You can clearly see it by set priority of javaw.exe to low in Task manager.
Too bad, anyway as long as it blinks, I think I won't go further. And there was an old memory management that needed to be fixed.

I am confused beta 19 is slightily slower in perfomance than beta 1, especially in Arial view ?
I don't see what change could have produce such a performance slowdown, because the main change in the 3D part was about texture rotation. Did you try also with version 4.3?

You are right , but reducing the Refraction Index less than '1' can make easly setup metal like gold.(0.4-0.6)
Refraction Index is used only for transparent material in SunFlow. As far as I know, gold isn't transparent in solid and liquid state. In a gaseous state, I have no idea, but I don't think it's interesting for Sweet Home 3D, do you? laughing
[Jun 4, 2014, 9:28:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

The Beta 20 checks if there's enough disk space to save a home file. As file systems can very different, I would be pleased to know if it works for you all. Please test on full USB keys, remote user spaces…
[Jun 5, 2014, 11:08:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
sree.arun.kr
Advanced Member

INDIA

Yes, you done it successfully to check the disk space.

I wish the font size used at "Missing 6.5 MB to save home" may be bigger is better. For me it is too small to read in 1280x960 resolution monitor nerd silly cool. Also change the window title to 'Not enough Disk Space'( thinking Its not a 'Error', Its a warning, I think).

[Jun 5, 2014, 3:50:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

sree.arun.kr, thanks for your tests. smile
About the message presentation, I'll improve it in a future version, because I want to suggest also to the user to save his home with Save and compress option if he chose a simple save. But adding this message would require a new translation round, that I won't start for version 4.4 again.
[Jun 5, 2014, 3:59:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 96   Pages: 10   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved