Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4719 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
SirWillPerkins

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
confused Question about Free Art License usage. Please Help Answer if you can.

I am an artist who likes to draw comics and animation.
I've been looking for a way streamline Art creation and create a better workflow,

I am just curious as to free art license policy on using filtered video renders and screen shots as backgrounds images for print on demand comics and monetized youtube animation videos.

I know actual models can't be used in a commercial way just curious about 2d renders.

Sometimes drawing to much is taxing on my hand, using 3d models would improve my workflow and rest my hand some, also hopefully help generate a little income to be able to donate to some of my favorite programs.

here's a sample of some comic art not completely inked just sharing link.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2nlnqfvjiragl7d/comic1.jpg
[Apr 13, 2014, 3:53:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: Question about Free Art License usage. Please Help Answer if you can.

If you want to use SH3D to make movies of a scene, that wouldn't be a problem.
Please, keep in mind there is something called COPYRIGHT. That means you need permission to use the 3D-models in your work.

H
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Apr 13, 2014, 10:26:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

You don't need permission to use the models distributed under GNU GPL, Free Art License and CC-BY license, but you should give attribution to the author of the models.

By the way, look at this article which might give you some ideas even if it's in French.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Apr 14, 2014, 1:23:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
SirWillPerkins

Thanks for the quick responses hansmex and Puybaret appreciate it:) just was unclear as to the Free Art License scope regarding printed comics and videos .

Puybaret thats the exact information I was needing thanks.
and that article with the comic artist is great.

Interesting to see someone using SweetHome3D in such a similar way.

Thanks for sharing:).

I can understand the
attribution to author having extra credits during ending looks nice anyways:), Supporting each other is a great thing,
If someone helps me build my garden I'm more than happy to share the fruit.
thank you again Puybaret and hansmex.
[Apr 15, 2014, 4:53:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved