Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 8
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5807 times and has 7 replies Next Thread
hariras

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Cannot See Tools - >Menu item after deploy the jar file

I have tried the SweetHome 3D plugin developer guide. But as it explains I can't see the Tool menu item on the menu bar. Can anyone help me to solve this problem? sad
[May 1, 2014, 8:19:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
susonne

Denmark
Re: Cannot See Tools - >Menu item after deploy the jar file

Did you check if the jar file is within the mentioned directories?
[May 16, 2014, 10:11:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
clanmills

England
sad Re: Cannot See Tools - >Menu item after deploy the jar file

I'm have the same issue on a Mac running Mavericks and SW3D 4.3.1 (from the App Store). I believe the jar is in the correct location.

1110 ~/Library/Application Support/eTeks/Sweet Home 3D $ ls -alt plugins/
total 8
-rwxr-xr-x 1 rmills wheel 557 May 19 19:30 VolumePlugin.jar
1111 ~/Library/Application Support/eTeks/Sweet Home 3D $

I also tried placing it in the application's Plugins directory:
/Applications/Sweet Home 3D.app/Contents/Plugins

I've also downloaded the 4.3 source, and built and ran from Eclipse.

Sadly, no Tools menu. All help appreciated. I'm going off to read the code where the Tools menu is created.
[May 20, 2014, 4:00:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
clanmills

England
sad Re: Cannot See Tools - >Menu item after deploy the jar file

I have the same issue on the Mac. The plugin is located at:
~/Library/Application Support/eTeks/Sweet Home 3D/plugins/VolumePlugin.jar

PluginManager.loadPlugins tries to load him and throws an exception when he calls readPlugin.
readPlugin(ResourceBundle.getBundle(applicationPluginFamily, Locale.getDefault(), classLoader),
pluginLocation,
"jar:" + pluginUrl.toString() + "!/" + URLEncoder.encode(zipEntryName, "UTF-8").replace("+", "%20"),
classLoader);

He appears to searching for 'ApplicationPlugin' in the bundle. The jar does contain the ApplicationPlugin.properties file. For sure, there's nothing much wrong here, however I don't know how to fix it!
[May 20, 2014, 4:54:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
clanmills

England
biggrin Re: Cannot See Tools - >Menu item after deploy the jar file

I've found it! I had two errors:
1) I had the ApplicationPlugin.proprerties file in the src directory. I moved it.

2) There was a space on the end of the 'ApplicationPlugin.properties ' <-- horrid little space after the s ! (software grrrrrrr). I've no idea how it got there. I used Refactor/Rename to fix it.

File/Export offers the ApplicationPlugin.properties:

All good. And the VolumePlugin yields believable results!
[May 20, 2014, 5:35:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
clanmills

England
smile Re: Cannot See Tools - >Menu item after deploy the jar file

Just one more comment about this matter. I was surprised to be unable to this to work on SH3D 4.3.1 downloaded from the App Store. I'm not going to worry about this as it's working fine using the source code build of 4.3 and the trunk build of SH3D.
[May 20, 2014, 6:54:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

In a way, I'm also astonished that it works with Mac App Store version, since running a plug-in could feel like going out of OSX sandbox. But keep in mind that OSX sandbox is much less restrictive than the one provided with the Java plug-in, and that the JRE copy provided with Sweet Home 3D MAS version is sandboxed, meaning that any Java plug-in is sandboxed too.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[May 20, 2014, 8:05:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
clanmills

England

smile I think there's a little confusion here. It did NOT work with the 4.3.1 version from the Mac App Store. I also wondered if this was because of the the OSX sandbox. Let's not worry about this.

It's working fine when I build with the 4.3 source and the trunk from SourceForge. idea
[May 25, 2014, 7:05:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved