Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 6
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 6427 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
breanne_fuson

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
confused I can't see through doorways into the next room.

I recently restored my entire hard drive and reinstalled SH3D, and since the reinstall when I place an open door or doorway on a wall, I can't see it in the 3d view. I have tried refreshing the program; I checked the wall thickness against the door thickness and verified the doors were set as doors, but nothing is working. Help!
[May 19, 2014, 3:49:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: I can't see through doorways into the next room.

From the post you previously wrote, I guess all doors and windows you use are 3D models you imported in Sweet Home 3D. If you want a hole to be computed automatically at their intersection with a wall, be sure that you checked the Door or window option at the 3rd step of the furniture import wizard. Your problem could also come from magnetism that you deactivated. Activate it again (see help please) and try to move a door to check if it will adjust to the wall better.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[May 19, 2014, 8:14:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
breanne_fuson

They are saved as "door or window" and I verifed that magnetism is turned on, still no luck.
[May 22, 2014, 5:57:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Since version 4.2, Sweet Home 3D has supported doors and windows with a non rectangular shape. By default, their cut out shape is automatically computed, and works for many shapes, even if they are weird. The main drawback of this automatic cut out is in the case you import a frame that contains no shape at its bottom like the following one:

And I guess you encountered that case. To fix it, you can add to the 3D model a fully transparent shape at its bottom to "close" its shape. Or you can use the Furniture Library Editor to add the existing 3D model to a furniture library you'll import afterwards. With this editor, you can customize the cut out shape, and if it's a rectangle, you should enter the value M0,0 v1 h1 v-1 z in the Customized cut out shape field shown in the modification dialog box of an imported 3D model.
Please, read also this guide wrote by OKH for more information about this feature.
[May 22, 2014, 10:24:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
shohag

Bangladesh

I facing a problem. When I try to set a door/window with a wall that comes with software those work well, but if I try to set an imported door or window it doesn't set with the wall, rather it sets only one side of the wall. How can I solve this?
[Feb 24, 2020, 11:42:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Did you select the Door or window option in the 3rd screen of the Import furniture wizard?
[Feb 25, 2020, 6:01:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved