Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 7
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5058 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
Cathony

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Can't Open or Save Homes

I installed the software the other day, and I am unable to open or save homes. I've tried both the installer and the web start versions, I've tried various folders, I have write access everywhere on the computer, I tried running as an administrator, I tried downloading a file to open from the gallery, and nothing works.

The error I get when opening simply gives the file name and says "Can't Open Home".

The error I get when saving is as follows:
Can't Save home in
"C:\Program Files\Sweet Home 3D\sh3d\1.sh3d"
RecorderException: Can't save home C:\Program Files\Sweet Home 3D\sh3d\1.sh3d
java.io.IOException: Access is Denied

As I said, I've tried running as an admin, and I definitely have write access. I've tried both the installed and web start versions. I know it can't be a Java issue, as the online version lets me export as a sh3d file, and also lets me import one. Yet every downloaded version I've tried cannot access files at all.

I'm currently running Windows 7 Professional 64-bit, and in case I forgot to mention it, the UAC is disabled. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
[Jul 8, 2014, 9:06:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Can't Open or Save Homes

If you have problems to open and save, it could be related to Windows temporary folder, or the work subfolders in C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\eTeks\Sweet Home 3D.
Please, run the Java Web Start version with the Java console displayed.
When you save, the console should display more information about the error, and it would be nice to copy it here.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jul 9, 2014, 12:51:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Cathony

Java 3D: implicit antialiasing enabled
com.eteks.sweethome3d.model.RecorderException: Can't save home C:\Program Files\Sweet Home 3D\sh3d\Base.sh3d
at com.eteks.sweethome3d.io.HomeFileRecorder.writeHome(Unknown Source)
at com.eteks.sweethome3d.viewcontroller.HomeController$33.call(Unknown Source)
at com.eteks.sweethome3d.viewcontroller.HomeController$33.call(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
at com.eteks.sweethome3d.viewcontroller.ThreadedTaskController$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Access is denied
at java.io.WinNTFileSystem.createFileExclusively(Native Method)
at java.io.File.createNewFile(Unknown Source)
at java.io.File.createTempFile(Unknown Source)
at com.eteks.sweethome3d.tools.OperatingSystem.createTemporaryFile(Unknown Source)
... 10 more

This is the output from the console. I'm not very familiar with Java so I'm not sure what it all means.
[Jul 9, 2014, 6:05:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Thanks for this useful output (at last for me ;-)
As said previously, it must be bound to the rights of the folder C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\eTeks\Sweet Home 3D\ (where user is your user id).
Does this folder exist? What does it contain at this moment? Do you have the rights to create files in this folder?
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jul 10, 2014, 10:23:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Cathony

There is a folder called 4400-e0871d20-dddc-43fc-9878-612b686f4b6a, and inside that folder are two files called open4963753459196719384.sweethome3d and open5775476740122447977.sweethome3d

I checked and I do have full rights to create and edit files in the folder.
[Jul 11, 2014, 12:14:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Cathony

Is this problem solvable or should I just stick to using the online version on this computer?
[Jul 17, 2014, 11:58:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Cathony

I solved my issue. I was using this on a work computer, and for some reason, it was not using the work directory on the computer, but rather, it was using one under my account on the office's server. I changed some of the permissions on that folder to allow my computer write access to it, and now I am able to save. I haven't tried opening yet, but I'm assuming it's okay.
[Jul 17, 2014, 9:42:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved