Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 9
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 6553 times and has 8 replies Next Thread
sree.arun.kr
Advanced Member

INDIA
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Inspiration for Material Editor

Hello Emmanuel sir,
May be this thing I am talking is already discussed someone or you ignored, but I like to see some comments about it. biggrin
I like to talk about an advanced material editor which is able to create different shader based object in the scene. I think more controllable in materials make the scene become realistic. Like different wood furniture's have different specular level and depth(For example a wooden chair(fully polished),wooden door(fully polished), wooden sculpt(roughly polished) and a wooden flooring(smooth polish) have different reflection level).
This is the idea in my mind.

Background settings.

A user needs to go this way.

try to express idea in flow-chart.

I apologizes for my mistakes English. hugs
:: sample slot object I used .
----------------------------------------

[Aug 8, 2014, 6:16:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
sree.arun.kr
Advanced Member

INDIA
Re: Inspiration for Material Editor

I belives shader customization can reduce the load of object tweaking and the scene look more realistic.(OBJ and most other file formats does not store any shaders inside on it. Then how a user can use it.?).I am not requesting all the functions from sunflow.
If admin and other main members feels its a crap silly biggrin then please let me know.. thinking

[Edit 1 times, last edit by sree.arun.kr at Aug 10, 2014, 7:56:43 PM]
[Aug 10, 2014, 7:47:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Thanks for your proposal. smile
I don't think it's crap, it's just that it probably won't happen before a very long time, simply because you can make most of these adjustments in other 3D software before importing furniture, and many other features are more important / awaited.
At the opposite, I tend to think that the current settings render objects too shiny very often, and wonder if I shouldn't reduce at least default shininess to a much lower value. But I should rather start inverting in Yafaray, shouldn't I?
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Aug 10, 2014, 8:15:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
sree.arun.kr
Advanced Member

INDIA

May be I cannot fully open my mind.I don't know.. d oh
OBJ material editing settings is added to give feels like a Normal material editor requirement.
many other features are more important / awaited
I don't get you. thinking
The current settings render objects too shiny very often
In the current photo render settings pre defined samples affect scene that produce the white spot. Adding more samples or choosing a different shader instead of mirror shader (or somthing) can reduse it. (:Affect the rendering time. But now users required quality, time is compromisable becuse of advaned technologies in graphics).
I forgot the exact setting someware I solved similar issue silly . May be the samples settings is not defined in image settings
image {
resolution x y
aa 0 2
samples 12
filter blackman-harris
}
or in sunsky or IBL settings. d oh
But I should rather start inverting in Yafaray, shouldn't I?
Sorry, complicated English. I don't understant..

[Aug 10, 2014, 9:42:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Sorry, I meant "investing" and not "inverting".
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Aug 10, 2014, 10:45:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
sree.arun.kr
Advanced Member

INDIA

sunsky- samples 128, ibl- lock false, samples 200 are recomented from developer . Ya it smooth and reduce the reflection size but 2-3x time to render. silly
Indsead of tweaking sunsky and IBL samples use samples in image property .
image {
resolution x y
aa 0 2
samples 46
filter blackman-harris
}
Ya its also affect rendering time but slightly 20%-30% less usage than sunsky and IBL.
idea But have a good advantage is add more samples like 60-80 and change anti-aliasing sample to box/triangle and its value min=0, max=1 to save rendering time.
[Tried only in one scene need some more time to confirm.]

[Aug 11, 2014, 2:09:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
sree.arun.kr
Advanced Member

INDIA

What about some other technique usage like d3dx(a different):gallery ,smooth specular highlight and ambient occulation in Q2 rendering.? batting eyelashes

[Aug 11, 2014, 5:48:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
sree.arun.kr
Advanced Member

INDIA

Once again lets talk about white spot. smile
At the opposite, I tend to think that the current settings render objects too shiny very often, and wonder if I shouldn't reduce at least default shininess to a much lower value.
See the below image render in SH3D

and here is some test results render in sunflow 0.7.2. Comparing these images in different lights and shader settings.
1. Gi ambocc only
2. Sunsky light only
3. Ambocc+Sunsky
4. Ambocc+Sunsky+IBL
5. Here phong,shiny and mirror shaders produces different reflection when using ambocc+sunsky
(lower than one reflection does not produce white spot).

increasing reflection one to ten
again increasing reflection ten to fifty
6. Phong reflection is works in SH3D so comparing this shader in different values
and the same reflection produced in SH3D
[Reflection is smoother because SH3D AA 1,2 and sunflow AA 0,0. Also gi path/ambocc +sunsky+ ibl+ point light(fake sun)]
Conclusion: in phong shader reflection lies in between zero and one.

Sunflow wiki manual(page17) says we can go beyond one for the reflection but will produce strange issues.
I think it can be solved by switching through shaders in background when increasing reflection slider.
ie: Start with diffuse then phong at spec 0.01 to 10 then switch to shiny reflection 0.1 to 1 then mirror shader 0.2 to 1 while increasing shininess slider. thinking
I hope, I explained it correctly.
Attachment SunSky7Silk.sc (2874 bytes) (Download count: 1073) (Sunflow scene.)

[Sep 14, 2014, 8:07:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
sree.arun.kr
Advanced Member

INDIA

Start with diffuse then phong at spec 0.01 to 10 then switch to shiny reflection 0.1 to 1 then mirror shader 0.2 to 1 while increasing shininess slider.
I expect for shininess, phong shader is using(not uber).

Or there is a second way by reducing specular color from white to black.

same as above but IBL is turned on:

[Sep 16, 2014, 4:22:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved