Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 8
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 14101 times and has 7 replies Next Thread
choppyleo

Cameroon
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
confused Adding lights to my house

Please I have adding lights to my house but don't know how to put it on cause by default it's off I guess.

Maybe that is why I can't see the effects of lights in my house every where seems to have the same intensity of natural light. Not from the bulbs I added.

Can someone please explain to me how to put lights ON or tell me what am I not doing right?
[Aug 22, 2014, 9:32:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: Adding lights to my house

There are two types o f lamps in SH3D:
- lamps with light
- lamps without light.
When a lamp has light, do Modify furniture and at the bottom left you see a Light power (%).
There is a way to add light to a lamp, described by user OKH. You can read about it in this short manual (PDF).

Hans
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Aug 22, 2014, 10:43:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

In addition to what hansmex correctly writes, you may want to consider:
- The easiest way of adding lights, is to use the included light-sources in the library and place them where the lamp is.
- Lights have a default power of 50%.
- Lights will only show in photo-rendering (highest qualities).
- Lights are not very visible if they compete with sunlight, try a time later in the evening.
- The "auto ceiling lights" checkbox may interfere with the effect of accurately placed light-sources.
- Pay attention to the colour of the light-source you choose.

ok
[Aug 22, 2014, 1:27:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
choppyleo

Cameroon

Thanks hansmex I have tried but I get maybe I don't understand how to do it. Can someone direct me or have a toturial on the light issue
[Aug 22, 2014, 2:07:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Depends what you want to do, the easiest is to combine your models with the light-sources included in SH3D. That is easy, and you can group lamp and light-source.

Adding light-sources to your own models in a library requires some more work, but you will find several threads in the forum discussing this, like this recent one.

ok
[Aug 23, 2014, 8:48:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
choppyleo

Cameroon

Thanks guys I have tried and seems to still have problems to render the bulbs glowing. Can someone mail to me a simple project with the light demonstration.Please its very important and kind of urgent. Thanks in advance
[Aug 29, 2014, 10:21:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

The light sources included with SH3D are invisible (just represented with bulbs in furniture list), so you need to add lamp/bulb.

Sent you a file - maybe that makes it clearer.

ok
[Aug 29, 2014, 1:30:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Hi choppyleo, the blog post on how to design a swimming pool, with an example .sh3d file, is a good demonstration on how to use light-sources too.
ok

How to design a swimming pool

[Sep 5, 2014, 9:47:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved