Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 2
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4671 times and has 1 reply Next Thread
Joe_Nac

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Floor and Ceiling

First of all congratulations for your excellent work!

As part of my architecutral dissertation I would like to adapt SH3D Applet to calculate inside temperature of a room. I started to derive classes and added another panel besides plan and 3d for this purpose. this works well.

but now comes the harder stuff for me as a java semi-pro. I got 3 questions for now:

- For energy calculations of course i need detail information about the layers of all the room bounding building parts. for the walls it shouldn't be a problem i guess - adding additional info to a derived wall, but how should i do with ceilings and floors, because the model is not containing floor and ceiling parts. I would appreciate any hint that would lead me into a good direction, before I start doing it on my own ideas, which might not be as good.

- Another thing would be the creation of the walls - would there be any possibility of creating them not on the center-line, but on the borderline of the wall?

- I'd like also when selecting a wall that it shows coloured (while selected) in the 3d view. i tried adding a Selectionlistener to Homecontroller3d, but from there i got no access to the plancontroller, which would allow me to check if it is in creationstate or not, because now its getting coloured already while creating). Any hint for me here?

I am working hard to get better into this and not bothering you with such questions, but at the beginning a few hints would be great.

Thank you so much!
Cheers, Joe
[Sep 15, 2014, 12:01:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Floor and Ceiling

how should i do with ceilings and floors, because the model is not containing floor and ceiling parts.
As long as you don't superimpose rooms at the same level, consider floor parts as Room instances, as well as ceiling parts If you don't want to take into account sloping walls (anyway computing room volume would be much more difficult with sloping walls). If you want to compute rooms on the fly from existing walls, see createRoomAt method in PlanController.RoomDrawingState class to have an idea how rooms are created when the user double clicks in an area surrounded by walls.

Another thing would be the creation of the walls - would there be any possibility of creating them not on the center-line, but on the borderline of the wall?
No

I'd like also when selecting a wall that it shows coloured (while selected) in the 3d view. i tried adding a Selectionlistener to Homecontroller3d, but from there i got no access to the plancontroller, which would allow me to check if it is in creationstate or not, because now its getting coloured already while creating). Any hint for me here?
You'll have to give the PlanController instance to HomeController3D instance at its creation. That shouldn't cause any issue, except that you'll create a dependency between these two classes.

Good luck! smile
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Sep 15, 2014, 3:14:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved