Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 35
Posts: 35   Pages: 4   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 67919 times and has 34 replies Next Thread
miekemook

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Tiny display in Win 8.1

I did copy and paste the lines of code in a note-pad file.
Saved the file as an ini file since I copied and pasted the name you gave in the text.
Copied the ini file into c:/programfiles/sweethome 3D and than restarted the program.
unfortunately still the same result: the fonts are to small and the text is overlaying.
[Aug 7, 2015, 5:12:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
miekemook

I installed the program on a windows 7 laptop and everything is working fine.
Seems to be a windows 10 problem.
[Aug 7, 2015, 5:29:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
mliberatore

USA

You create the file, name it correctly, paying particular attention to the file name extension, and save it to your desktop. Close the file then copy it to the folder. If you don't know where you saved the file open your text editor and look for the file in recent documents then do a "save as". Pay attention to where you're placing the file.
[Aug 7, 2015, 11:32:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
musaji

Just downloaded the app to create a floor plan for the house I want to build. Came across the font size issue on my windows 10 laptop (has 2k resolution). Thanks for the fix using the .ini file. I used font size 30.

When you save the file in notepad, make sure to name it using double quotes. It will make sure to preserve the .ini extension, otherwise, notepad will add .txt extension to you filename.

Hope it helps & thanks for the fix.
[Oct 8, 2015, 2:13:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
csi_bern

Suisse

Hi, thanks to Puybaret, the patch is working ... for the text.

Do you have an other for the icones?

Merci (bon programme au fait)
[Nov 3, 2015, 9:20:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
HawkDawg
Advanced Member

USA

When you write the text file you have to save it as .ini, not .txt.
----------------------------------------
Hawk
[Nov 3, 2015, 10:29:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Hawk, I think csi_bern succeeded to make his SweetHome3D.l4j.ini file work, but this solution doesn't show icons at a larger size.
csi_bern, if you know a little about Java, please see this thread and the patch proposed here. It should help until Oracle proposes a solution.
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Nov 4, 2015, 7:34:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
csi_bern

Suisse

Hi there,

Yes, that's exactly my problem.

I know a bit about Java, but I don't want to broke everything by doing something wrong. Further, I don't have time today to try it.

Since I have my new computer, I've also a similar problem with Adobe CS6. I found a full working solution there:link .

I've try it quickly yesterday at home with Sweet Home 3D, but it doesn't work. It was probably my mistake as I've done the manifest for a EXE file and not a Java file. Will it work with the good extension?

Thanks again for this great software
[Nov 4, 2015, 7:55:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

The new version 5.2 proposes a new solution for HiDPI screens. I would be very happy to hear what you think about it.
[Feb 20, 2016, 8:44:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

From the feedback of two users, it looks like that the HiDPI Java Web Start version works correctly, but if you use the installer of version 5.2, setting com.eteks.sweethome3d.resolutionScale value in SweetHome3D.l4j.ini file might not be enough and still give incorrect results. If it's the case, you might have to reset the fonts size too, adding for example the 4 last lines of the following example in SweetHome3D.l4j.ini file:

-Dcom.eteks.sweethome3d.resolutionScale=2.5
-Dswing.defaultlaf=javax.swing.plaf.metal.MetalLookAndFeel
-Dswing.plaf.metal.controlFont=Dialog-11
-Dswing.plaf.metal.userFont=SansSerif-11
-Dswing.plaf.metal.systemFont=SansSerif-11

[Mar 8, 2016, 5:38:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 35   Pages: 4   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved