Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 36
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 98083 times and has 35 replies Next Thread
dorin
Advanced Member

Romania
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
2D Symbols

I've made a new version of a 2D symbols library.
The symbols appear only in 2D plan.
I could improve it with more symbols.
See this 2DSymbols

----------------------------------------
A computer program does what you tell it to do, not what you want it to do. Murphy's Law (Greer's Third Law)
When all else fails, read the instructions.Murphy's Law
[Dec 8, 2014, 1:36:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Re: 2D Symbols

Thanks, useful.
Sure that would be appreciated. ok
[Dec 8, 2014, 6:57:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bitacovir

I think your work is very useful. I saw many times people using CAD drawings to create these emergency plans with these symbols and everything is a mess, without clear standard.

As a suggestion you could create a group of symbols related with other kind of plans such as orientation plans used in Shopping centers:

http://i.imgur.com/fWbVfhN.png

Or maybe you can create symbols for electrical plans:

Anyway thanks four your contribution.
[Dec 24, 2014, 1:51:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

For amateurs like me, this is useful. Both the symbols library (dorin/eTeks) and the legend provided by bitacovir. Just a note on usage that works for me: Use models for the various fittings (sockets, lamps, etc.) and then group them with the symbol. That way the 2D plan shows the symbol, while the 3D view shows the correct lamp, socket etc.

However, I have not managed to figure out what are standard symbols (especially for electricity). Lamp is easy, and already indicated with the light-sources, but for other elements I struggle. E.g. dorin's socket seems to have a slightly different meaning from bitacovir's. So if a pro cares to elaborate on the symbols library, so some text elaborate on the standard symbol sets would help. Wikimedia commons' collection of electrical symbols is of limited use to me without further explanation of what each symbol means.

ok
ok
[Dec 26, 2014, 11:16:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Playing around with the concept of symbols, I found out I actually needed to see the symbol location in both 2&3D views. At the same time I only wanted the lightsource itself when rendering. Very similar to the included light sources, but I wanted to make the mounting points more visible.

However, it is also reasonably easy is to do the same for wall-lamps - and without the light source: electric sockets, switches etc. For cable pipes I suppose one could use the arrow set or use dimensions. Attributes for reference in the SF thread: 2DSymbols

ok

[Jan 26, 2015, 12:47:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dorin
Advanced Member

Romania

Like I promise, here is a new version.
I've added some new symbols and I've remove the electrical.
At this time the electrical diagram could be made bather with DIA.
See this 2D Symbols

Link to library
2DSymbols v1.2
A computer program does what you tell it to do, not what you want it to do. Murphy's Law (Greer's Third Law)
[Apr 12, 2015, 4:22:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
carpearch2

What are you using to make the symbols? And how do you make them only show on the 2d-view?

I have made electrical symbols using sh3d and export to obj but I could improve them if I could use something else to make them
[May 14, 2015, 7:39:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dorin
Advanced Member

Romania

A) Prepare the system:
1. Install LibreOffice
2. Install GIMP
3. Download 2DSymbols 1.2.sh3f
4. Unzip in a folder named 2DSymbols (autodetect folders)
5. Make a new folder with name Electrical (for eg.)
6. Locate in 2DSymbols 1.2 the file with names:
-invisibleCube.obj
-PluginFurnitureCatalog.properties

7. Copy this files to Electrical folder
8. Open PluginFurnitureCatalog.properties and erase all exept the entry for the first symbol
*Learn whats mean every entry in this kind of file
B) Made the symbols:
1. Open a new LibreOfficeDraw file
1a. Draw the symbol whit the tools provided by LibreOffice
1b. Export it as png
1b1. Select the draw objects -> group it
1b2. Select the group -> convert as bitmap
1b3. File -> Export... -> as PNG [select the Electrical folder (give some-name.png)]
1b4. File -> Export... -> as PNG [select the Electrical folder (give some-namePlanIcon.png)]
2. Open the some-name.png in GIMP
2a. Image -> Auto Crop
2b. Colors -> Color to Alpha... (select white backgound to convert to alpha)
2c. File -> Owerwrite some-name.png
3. Open the some-namePlanIcon.png in GIMP
3a. Image -> Auto Crop
3b. Image -> Canvas Size... (make a square canvas to be showed in furniture catalog)
3c. File -> Owerwrite some-namePlanIcon.png
C) Prepare the library:
1. Open the PluginFurnitureCatalog.properties in a text editor
1a. edit every entry
1b. for every entry select for model#[nr]= /invisibleCube.obj
1c. for every entry set width and depth as is for some-name.png
1d. ZIP the library
D) Test library in SH3D
[May 17, 2015, 9:01:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
ElfenM

biggrin Re: 2D Symbols

I think your work is very useful. I saw many times people using CAD drawings to create these emergency plans with these symbols and everything is a mess, without clear standard.

As a suggestion you could create a group of symbols related with other kind of plans such as orientation plans used in Shopping centers:

http://i.imgur.com/fWbVfhN.png

I have not seen a Woolworths in years! This made my day, if not the week! biggrin
[Sep 14, 2015, 6:37:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dorin
Advanced Member

Romania

New version. I've put back the electrical, I've add few new ones.
I've remove lines and arrow lines.
With new features of SH3D-v5.0 it's possible to make more.

Here is the link to library
2DSymbols.v1.5.0.sh3f
and here
[Sep 15, 2015, 12:16:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved