Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 11
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 8959 times and has 10 replies Next Thread
okh
Advanced Member

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Chairs

Quite a collection of chairs already in the models page. Superfluous maybe, but I could not really find what I needed, so made a couple and added to SF 3D models 288. Small file sizes deliberate (zipped obj: 2-8 KB). All generic, but similar to common designs. ok

[Jan 17, 2015, 3:17:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Re: Chairs

A winged armchair added to SF 3d models 446 (new ticket as 288 is closed). This chair not unlike what I think of when I hear armchair - similar to the one my father used.

ok
armchair_wing.sh3d

[Sep 20, 2017, 5:01:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
VeroniQ
Advanced Member

France

Very well done (they sound comfortable!). Many thanks.
[Sep 20, 2017, 10:32:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Great models, beautiful and small !!
Excellent texturing, except the triangle in the back rest.

Hans
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Sep 21, 2017, 6:59:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa

@okh, good work ! applause

We can change size of armchair if it's a sitting man, woman, or child and textures... hugs
Evil progresses when good people do nothing!
---
SH3D 7.1 and nothing else - W11 64b in 4K
[Sep 21, 2017, 8:24:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Excellent texturing, except the triangle in the back rest.
Thanks. Yes, that triangle is a pain. Annoying that you spotted that. But comment noted, if I find time, I shall improve it to make it the nice curve my father's pipe-tobacco smelling chair used to have. smile ok
[Sep 21, 2017, 6:10:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

O,

The compliment was sincere. First thing I do with new furniture is choose a striped texture to see how it is applied. On your chair it's near-perfect. I'd be happy if all models had only such a tiny flaw.

H
Hans

hansdirkse.info
[Sep 22, 2017, 7:53:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

..compliment was sincere. First thing I do with new furniture is choose a striped texture to see how it is applied...
Thanks, yes, I did perceive your compliment as sincere.

And your point is important in all model making and often neglected (and one that I often forgot before): making sure that textures align well on the different surfaces of a model. Using a checkered or striped pattern is indeed the best way to find out. And I might add that the new features in SH3D where you can rotate and scale patterns are also useful as the user are not locked in by the original mapping of the model texture.

What made me smile, is that I was aware of that flaw but did not have time to fix it. And then it is fun when someone spots it right away as it only means that the model is properly scrutinised. There is also another minor detail that needs correcting. But now that it seems someone else might use a winged armchair, I think I should spend some time fixing it smile so thanks to you all for the feedback.

And yes, the original chair was extremely comfortable (and one that I have missed in the collection for a while). I kept my father's chair for many years until it more or less fell apart after some 50 years of daily service. But the good news is that it seems more and more shops are selling similar models again. Perfect in front of a fireplace with a good book.

ok
[Sep 22, 2017, 9:06:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Thanks to hansmex for pointing out the problem with striped/checkered textures not aligning as they should. Aligning different kinds of textures perfectly, is beyond me, but this update should work better with seamless pattern 20×20 cm.

Model will render with slightly sharper edges/shadows (the price to pay), but good news is that the model is now smaller (37 KB + 6 KB textures - zips to 14 KB).

SourceForge 3d models 446:

- armchair_wing2.sh3d
- armchair_wing2.zip

ok

[Sep 22, 2017, 1:11:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Wow, beautiful chair with this fabric. Better than what IKEA is currently offering. Thanks again!
Hans

hansdirkse.info
[Sep 22, 2017, 1:35:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved