Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 8
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 7345 times and has 7 replies Next Thread
Krautfrog

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Ceiling is shown no matter what

First of all, I cannot be sure to name the options correctly as my Sweet Home 3D speaks German, even after having set the environment-variable LANG to en_EN.UTF-8. I try my best to avoid misunderstandings.

There is an check-box “show ceiling”, which is always checked, even if I de-activate it. The option is accessed by clicking on a room (the surface which defines a “room”), then either choose “edit room” from the context-menu or push Ctrl+Alt+E.

I went through much trouble defining ceiling beams. For some reason I need them in the context of the upper floor, but want to keep them visible from the ground floor. But alas! This darned ceiling hides them and won't go away!

Thanks for any hint.

Kraut-I CANNOT be Charlie -Frog
(Je suis déjà Rémie Fraisse).
----------------------------------------
Je suis Rémie Fraisse
[Jan 20, 2015, 9:18:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Re: Ceiling is shown no matter what

Hard to tell without seeing your model. Are you seeing the ceiling or the floor above (Display All/Selected levels)? Maybe the floor above is too low so it covers the beams?

Maybe there is something with the Modify levels or beam elevation?

ok
[Jan 20, 2015, 10:02:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Krautfrog

Okay, here are two photos of the project, after I have (desperately) tried to integrate the ceiling beams with the ground floor. To no avail, as you see. From the interior, they are still not visible, the check-box remains checked, I cannot deactivate the ceiling:

Photo of the exterior (854K):
http://pix.toile-libre.org/?img=1421750647.png

Photo of the interior (522K):
http://pix.toile-libre.org/?img=1421750329.png
Je suis Rémie Fraisse
[Jan 20, 2015, 10:45:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Nice house smile As long as ceiling is checked, it is understandable that the beams are invisible as they are above the ceiling.
I cannot deactivate the ceiling.
This is the strange part. Are you sure there are not several rooms on top of each other? Could you by accident have double-clicked with the room tools several times? (Or a room with ceiling on a lower level?)

Just a hunch, but I would certainly try to delete the room(s) and double-click to put the room back in (without the ceiling checked).

ok
[Jan 20, 2015, 11:17:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Krautfrog

okh, this is the response to everything. I mean: “okh”.

Of course, it works now. I cannot remember having stacked three rooms one over the other, nor understand how the error had not become obvious when I altered the flooring... never mind.

Is that the sound of the “Sledgehammer of Ultimate Truth “ hitting yet another “double-minded demon of doubt ” : OKH!

I bet. peace Enlightenment
Je suis Rémie Fraisse
[Jan 20, 2015, 1:11:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

The reason I know is, of course, that I have done the same and been equally frustrated. A gps-track software (gpstm) has a wonderful function: select duplicate elements (with co-ordinates to within a pre-defined distance). Very useful for those accidental duplications.

BTW, now that I am enlightened as to the meaning of ébrasement, I sent you a simpler workaround model for the ébrasement opening by e-mail. It should work as long as you can tweak the inner wall texture and fill it with a window without cut-out (so it does not interfere).

ok
[Jan 21, 2015, 10:23:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Krautfrog

Thank you for the PM. I can and will have to play with that, very soon.

For the time, I will try out different window-lintels to span a door and a nearby window, together with the ceiling beams directed in both ways... There may be two heavy beams carrying lighter beams or just the heavier model that you know from the example to span the whole room. The calculations with weight and wood sizes leave me with a simple decision between the simple and the cheaper solution.

In both scenarios I am quite embarrassed with anchoring the beams over the big door/window-opening either *in* the window-lintel or set on a ... « assise », spanning the whole inner wall. Before my inner eye, I already see a big sack of cement, lots of steal-rods, no lime and no wood whatsoever...

I learned all this in France and cannot express any of those details in my mother-language, even less than in English. But as any successful experiment in Sweet Home 3D is almost immediately carried out in real, I might have to come back to give you more French-lessons... biggrin
Je suis Rémie Fraisse
[Jan 21, 2015, 1:54:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Your project really looks very nice, if you feel like sharing at some point. The only thing certain with old houses is that nothing is certain when you start... Good luck.

ok
PS Just discussed the rebuild of a friend's house in Luxembourg, no one involved had the same mother tongue. But it worked: a good mix of French, Italian, Portuguese, German and English. Even if I clearly misunderstood ébrasement to be the frame...
[Jan 21, 2015, 3:41:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved