Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 7
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4116 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
Krautfrog

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
sad different staircases

Good morning.

My search for staircase-models produce almost always the same results. What I am missing, though, are staircases with a “platform”. There is one such model which is far too luxurious for my house, too wide and anyway impossible to modify for integration in my plan.

Having tried to install SketchupMake with wine64 and wine32 under Debian 8, tried to just understand the « Art of Illusion » and two or three other programs. I now give up and take the risk that the question has been responded already three times during the last couple of weeks..:

Are there some staircase-models around which feature a “platform”?

I must experiment with a platform after the first three lower steps, where the stairs then take a 90° turn, and one alternative, where the platform precedes the upper three steps, which then take the turn. The platform is a square area which allows me to avoid triangular steps. I cannot design one myself.

Thank YOUUUhouuuu
----------------------------------------
Je suis Rémie Fraisse
[Feb 4, 2015, 9:18:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Re: different staircases

sree.arun.kr wrote a tutorial that maybe could be of help: thread 5158: 3 ways to create a simple stair for quick use

ok
[Feb 4, 2015, 11:46:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

The more specific your wishes are, the more difficult it will be to find the stairs you are looking for.

This one isn't what you are looking for.

There is a file/tutorial in the forum with some basic staircase parts/models. Sree Arun made it.

Not sure about Debian, but under Ubuntu 14.04 64 bits it's possible to install Sketchup v14.

Hans
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Feb 4, 2015, 11:48:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Krautfrog

Not sure about Debian, but under Ubuntu 14.04 64 bits it's possible to install Sketchup v14

My explications weren't exhaustive on this topic. I succeeded in installing SketchUp 2014, but it keeps crashing after choosing a template and even upon opening an existing drawing.

I will dig into your references and examples.

TY.
Je suis Rémie Fraisse
[Feb 4, 2015, 12:32:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Krautfrog

This is a really fine tutorial. You may have notions but they aren't worth much as long as you haven't seen different techniques and objects in interaction. Saves time, to say the least.

Also, one of the staircases that hansmex sent me, appears to suite me well. My experiments will be geared to that one.

Now that I have almost cut of and cleaned away all the ceiling beams with circular and chain saw (and sledgehammer and crowbar and teeth and finger nails...), I must begin imagining things intact and unbroken.
Je suis Rémie Fraisse
[Feb 4, 2015, 12:55:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Krautfrog

Mixup.

Make that “staircases that okh sent me”.
Je suis Rémie Fraisse
[Feb 4, 2015, 1:00:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

"staircases that okh sent me".
Just in case someone else wants to experiment with landings. Simple models uploaded to SF 3D models 329. ok
[Feb 4, 2015, 3:14:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved