Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 13
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 9229 times and has 12 replies Next Thread
bugarski.nenad

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
arch on half round wall

does anyone know how can i make/drow arch on a half round wall? tnx
[Feb 8, 2015, 11:09:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Re: arch on half round wall

After you have drawn a wall with correct endpoints, double-click (or select and Modify walls) to enter Arc extent in the wall properties. ok
[Feb 8, 2015, 10:42:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bugarski.nenad

that makes a half round wall. i know that. what i want is to make arch hole in that kind of wall...
[Feb 22, 2015, 11:53:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
changoel

me too
[Jan 10, 2017, 4:21:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa

If I understand correctly, you want to do that ?

If yes, you can use the default object 'arch'.

if no, you must create two walls* which will export in obj format.
You import again the new object and when you see the green arrows, click on up right frame (front view) and then with the mouse and key shift click on the down green Arrow to have 90° and click enter...
You'll have your half arch, see the joined file below.

(*) First wall : standard
Second wall : same than first but 'arc extent' = 90° and joins the twice.

smile
----------------------------------------
Attachment Half arch.obj (12572 bytes) (Download count: 318)

Evil progresses when good people do nothing!
---
SH3D 7.1 and nothing else - W11 64b in 4K
[Edit 2 times, last edit by bdfd at Jan 10, 2017, 4:38:38 PM]
[Jan 10, 2017, 4:22:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Miker777
Advanced Member

UK

If you want to put the arch IN the curved wall, then i think you can create your wall, give it an arc, then position an arch , from the library, but turn the magnetism OFF, make the arch as big as is needed to create the opening.

Mike
[Jan 10, 2017, 9:11:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Miker777
Advanced Member

UK

Tried it and failed sorry, the opening that is created is rectangular, i will have a rethink.

Mike
[Jan 10, 2017, 9:43:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Miker777
Advanced Member

UK

I managed to make some thing that might do you, or at least give you an idea how you might achieve what you desire, here is a link to a sh3d file.

Mike
[Jan 10, 2017, 10:54:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Nice attempt Mike. Of course, this workaround will work more or less well, according to the width of the arch and the curve of the wall...
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jan 15, 2017, 3:20:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Miker777
Advanced Member

UK

I know EP, but its all i could think of sad
[Jan 15, 2017, 7:30:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved