Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 5
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5178 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
Ferraro

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Text name only in 2D view

Is there a way to display the catalog name only in the plan view? I have run into a situation where the top down view is undesirable, and just the catalog name of the object is more appropriate. I thought about using a plan icon image, but this does not produce the desired vector text output I need in the SVG. Any ideas?
[Feb 16, 2015, 8:00:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ferraro

Re: Text name only in 2D view

If anyone is interested, I tried using an SVG file as the planIcon, but it does not work. I get that little red X. I guess there is no quick fix inside SH :(
[Feb 19, 2015, 10:23:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
clanmills

England

I don't know the answer, however here are a couple of ideas:

Changing SH3D code
The method paintIcon() in PlanComponent.java appears to generate an image which is used as a "proxy" for an item of furniture. Perhaps you could rewrite that method to create a little text label which displays the name of the item

PostProcessing the SVG
I've exported an SVG file and it consists of vector graphics and <image .../> tags which I believe are "proxy" images. I removed the images with this:

$ cat SGx.svg | xmllint --format --recover - | sed 's#<image.*/>##g' > SGy.svg

I suspect the <image ../> tag is identical for every instance of the same item of furniture. A script could be devised to identify every <image ../> and replace it with a graphical/SVG text label unique for that <image ../>
[Feb 20, 2015, 8:11:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
clanmills

England
biggrin Re: Text name only in 2D view

I've solved this! I've been updating the model of my home and noticed in the "Modify Furniture" Dialog that there's a check box "Display name in Plan". You should enable that on every item of furniture, the use my xmllint magic to remove the furniture "proxy". Et voila!

It would be easy to create a plugin to automate this and set/reset the state of "Display name in Plan". Windows can install xmllint from https://code.google.com/p/xmllint/downloads/d...lint.exe&can=2&q=
[Feb 22, 2015, 10:24:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ferraro

Thanks for your suggestions clanmills, you gave me some good ideas. I am thinking "Display name in plan" should be enabled from the furniture library properties file. Going to see how hard that is to rework. Then I can just load a transparent png for the planIcon.
[Feb 24, 2015, 10:24:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved