Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 7
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 8683 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
pooky2483

UK
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Disabled adaptions & other

As my wife is disabled, I am designing a bungalow that would be ideal for my wife, however, I am unable to find a 'wet-room'.
What this is, is basically a normal bathroom which has been gutted and the floor has something like lino placed down which also goes up each wall for about 4 inches and theres a hole in the floor where a shower drain is fitted. This is next to where a shower would be placed.
and also has a fold out chair fitted on the wall next to the shower.
I have googled some pictures to it might help explain exactly what I am trying to explain.
You might want to google it yourself so you can get a better idea of what I mean and to see more examples, try 'disabled wet room' or ' luxury wet room'.

----------------------------------------

[Feb 25, 2015, 5:48:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Disabled adaptions & other

As soon as you look for some more specific objects, it will be more difficult to find some free 3D models of them. Nevertheless, Trimble warehouse contains some models that could fit your needs.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Feb 28, 2015, 2:13:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Wet-rooms are interesting beasts (rare in the UK) and in many countries there are legal requirements to consider for wet-rooms.
Such as a slightly sloping waterproof floor towards a drain where all water and leakages flow.
Usually a membrane underneath the floor that goes some 10 cm up the wall.
Room should be protected (insulated) to protect from condensation.
And then some (UK specs for bathroom wiring, constructional challenges with 10 cm of concrete, etc, etc.)

In terms of SH3D the main elements for my wet-room are:
- Floor is raised some 10cm above other rooms on same level to allow for drainage, membrane and electric floor heating (highly recommended to keep room dry).
- Walls are slightly thicker to provide for insulation, waterproofing and plumbing.
- The drain is visible on the floor.
- The shower is placed directly over the drain.

To raise the floor, please see thread 5507 . For walls with different shades: thread 5438 etc.

I put some of my bathroom stuff in a file in SF 3D models 346 (yup, doing a wet-room too), please feel free to use.

ok
[Feb 28, 2015, 3:52:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
nktvnvn

Hi okh,

Thanks for the file. I see that many objects in it are not available in the stock collection. How do I extract them for my own use? (I want the "shower drain". I've imported one online but unlike yours, it's not "cut" into the floor when used.) Thanks.
[May 28, 2017, 10:55:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

How do I extract them for my own use? (I want the "shower drain".
The shower drain is just a 2mm thick object placed on the floor (no cut-out, the "drain" is just a dark colour). The easiest way to extract it, is to open the linked file above wet_room.sh3d and copy the "Drain shower" from that file to your file. ok
[May 29, 2017, 10:15:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
nktvnvn

Many thanks! I thought there was a way to put that drain into the collection so I can use it in any project. I hope it'll be included in the next version of Sweet Home 3D. Thanks again!
[May 29, 2017, 3:09:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

.. way to put that drain into the collection so I can use it in any project...
In the third menu in the Import Furniture dialogue (or just drag and drop a file into the 2D pane), there is an option Add to catalog which will add the imported model to your collection. You can also create your own library with the Furniture Library Editor (see Download/other). ok

PS For a copied/pasted model, export as .obj and import again. Copyright and licence information disappear in the export/import, which is fine for my drain, but is not advisable for other models without permission from the copyright holder.
[May 29, 2017, 4:15:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved