Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 11
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 14923 times and has 10 replies Next Thread
Chris308

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Need some furniture and other things, please help!

Hello everyone. There are several items of furniture and other things things that I need. I have a short list of things I need, in particular, an octagon-shaped Poker Table, some white, louvered French closet doors, etc. Does anybody know how I can contact someone to make them for me? I've done a search for them, but have been unable to find them. I cannot make them myself. Any help in this would be greatly appreciated.
[Apr 1, 2015, 7:07:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
slimpy

Re: Need some furniture and other things, please help!

Where did you look for those models?
A quick search in the 3D Warehouse returned various octagonal poker tables:
https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/search.html?...;btng=search+3d+warehouse
The same goes for louver doors
https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/search.html?...s&backendClass=entity

Best, slimpy
[Apr 2, 2015, 2:52:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Chris308

Thanx for the info. I checked out the ones you mentioned, but they don't seem like a file I can use in a sweethome3d house. Am I missing something? If so, please let me know what, and how to go about using them. I have other furniture and some textures I need as well.
[Apr 2, 2015, 3:21:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

In the current version of Trimble 3D Warehouse, you should first click on the image of a model, then click on Download red button to choose KMZ or Collada file format that is supported by Sweet Home 3D.

Said an other way:
Don't click on the symbol shown at the bottom left of model images:
NO

but click on model images themselves, then click on Download button and choose a file format supported by Sweet Home 3D:
YES
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Apr 2, 2015, 3:52:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Chris308

Thanx for the additional info. That helped a lot. I did have an issue with some files tho. They showed as KMZ files, but when I tried to install them, sweethome3d said they were not compatible. Any known reason for this? So far I've been able to fine quite a bit of what I was looking for. Will keep looking. One thing I am having a bit of trouble finding is a good texture for dark grey aluminum siding. I already tried one I have. It works, but not very well. Any thoughts where I can find one? Also, since I'm here, can somebody tell me how to add an 8" step up to a room, and add a roof? I haven't figured out how to do this yet. As usual, all help is very much appreciated.
[Apr 4, 2015, 1:33:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Could you post here the URLs to the KMZ models that caused some problems, please?
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Apr 4, 2015, 11:51:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hfrmobile

Lower Austria

Some furniture and other things created by me:
https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/user.html?id...fb-48d9-bf44-5bc8d4838713

Maybe you find one or more of them useful. You can use the COLLADA-Format (.dae) for using my models in SH3D!
[Apr 6, 2015, 10:06:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Chris308

As a general rule, I delete the file if it doesn't work. One of the files is a 2012 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG Sedan by Allabassiry. It says its a KMZ file, but if I try to install it, it says "the format of the chosen model isn't supported". Most of the other KMZ files I've tried have worked OK, but there have been other exceptions also. Unfortunately, I can't tell you which ones for the reason already stated. Will try to let you know of others if they show up. If the above file can be fixed, please let me know. Thanx.
[Apr 7, 2015, 8:58:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Chris308

hfrmobile, I looked up the files you mentioned. Some of them were very helpful. Thanx.
[Apr 7, 2015, 9:02:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

You are right, the Mercedes model you mentioned cannot be imported in SH3D. A variation by another designer (but based on the same model) also cannot be imported. (Using SH3D 4.6 on Windows)

H
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Apr 8, 2015, 6:14:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved