Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 3
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 6834 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
storm88

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Guide: Pipes

Hello, I used SweetHome3D extensively during reconstruction of my home and I thought I share some tips with you. This one is about pipes, wires, etc

It might be useless for most of you, but you can use sweet home to plan, design, and visualize all pipes. It is easier than you might have thought.

attached you can see some pictures what the result will be and the sh3d file so you can examine details. Apologies for not having names in english.
sh3d: http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=08836581788377803731

This plan is my hot and cold water (blue) and waste water (orange). beside these I also have one for heating, air vents, gas, some electrical collectors. they all are in separate plans to prevent confusion.

How to get these in 12 steps:
1) make sure you have most precise plan possible. it's pain in the ass to change dimensions in 10 different versions of plans
2) decide on colors before you start. repaint many objects can be time consuming and boring.
3) delete all stuff not directly related to what you need (furniture, etc). Dont use rooms as they will prevent you see through floors
4) set all walls height to 1 cm (or less), make them look black in 3d view. this way you'll see the floor plan and pipes that are in walls. You will place pipes inside walls and you want to be able to see them in 3d view.
4a. you can achieve similar with invisible walls, but this might be better. whatever suits you
4b. you can keep windows and doors in your plan, group them by level and make them hidden so they don't block your view. Then you can make them visible only if needed.
5) use "box" and "cylinder" to create pipes. Might look like pain in the ass but once you get used to it, it can be done pretty quickly.
6) name your objects (pipes and walls) so you don't get lost. really. Such as "vertical hot water kitchen" and so on.
7) you can't (sufficiently) make pipes that are under floor level. expect this for high precision plans, if you also plan to have height etc.
8) place legend somewhere so when you print it you don't get confused. Mine is on the bottom floor. each legend has '= in front of it. = to identify it's a legend and not get it confused with the real stuff and ' to prevent excel thinking the legend is a formula when i export csv of furniture.
9) never mix dimensions. for all pipes, assume WIDTH is the longest dimension, and keep it so for all pipes.
10) re-sizing pipes is complicated. say you have depth of 5 cm and want to make your pipe wider. after you manually drag and drop it, you will most likely have depth 5.3 or something. don't worry at this point, make sure all your pipes are exactly as wide as you want them and then change depth of all pipes you edited to 5. This is a big time saver.
11) avoid dimensions than 5 cm. you will have hard time seeing them.
12) you can select "color" column in furniture view to sort your pipes by type

I hope I have not forgot anything important. I also be happy if you have some improvements.

If you like it, leave a comment and I'll add some more tips on how to use SweetHome3D beside room design.
[Apr 27, 2015, 4:31:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
otadmin

Re: Guide: Pipes

Thanks for the guide. I want to draw water/heating pipes and electrical wires normally hidden inside walls.
It is quite possible to draw the objects inside walls and make them visible/invisible by "Modify 3D view - Wall transparency". They can also be put into floors of rooms but only if the elevation is set from the room below.
I group the objects as you suggested and can then hide/show example only the heating pipes.
[Sep 11, 2021, 7:29:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdom

France
Re: Guide: Pipes

Bonjour
si cela peut vous aider pour un travail rapide
pour mes plans ou je doit intégrer
l'électricité
la plomberie
les unifilaire du Consuel
je fait apparaitre ou pas les liaisons en utilisant des niveau de même élévation
je commence par créer un nouveau niveau de même élévation
(avec un clic droit sur le niveau )
je le renomme plomberie ou électricité
je fait attention à être sur le bon niveau
je dessine les liaisons avec l'outil ligne
pour les gouttières et autre j'utilise le cylindre
ensuite je sélectionne tout
clic droit / modifier ligne
je coche visible vue 3D et la couleur
pour voir ou pas dans le plan et la vue 3D
double clic sur la case du niveau au dessus
choisir visible ou pas
on peut aussi modifier l'élévation avec un autre niveau pour les fils au plafond
pour un unifilaire Consuel
pour les liaisons:
l'outil ligne
pour les interrupteurs...
un cylindre plat couleur petit avec lettres ou chiffres
ex I VV P1. LL LV ....
dans ce cas il doit y avoir sous le plan la légende ex
LV = lave vaisselle

il est possible aussi de se faire des petits dessin pour chaque appareil
mais dans tous les cas légende en dessous
bon amusement
cordialement
----------------------------------------
mac mini 2020 plan technique plus que déco
[Sep 14, 2021, 5:42:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved