Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 116
Posts: 116   Pages: 12   [ Previous Page | 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 704443 times and has 115 replies Next Thread
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Sweet Home 3D 5.0

Maz,

Interesting story. But a bit hard to follow without the sh3d file. Can you share it?

Thanks in advance,

Hans
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Jul 8, 2015, 8:19:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Tonight, the Beta 13 brings updated translations in Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Japanese, Russian, Bulgarian, Greek, German, Czech, Italian and Spanish. It also brings updated help in English and French and fixes the regression reported by Mazoola about sloping walls (thanks for the details!).
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jul 8, 2015, 10:16:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
mazoola
Advanced Member

USA

fixes the regression reported by Mazoola about sloping walls (thanks for the details!).

It just took me a while to figure out when it did and did not display this behavior. wink

But a bit hard to follow without the sh3d file. Can you share it?

Hans -- Not sure which sh3d file you mean, but they're both (all?) small. I'll try to get them online when I get back to the house later tonight.

Maz
[Jul 9, 2015, 4:06:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
YGYL
Advanced Member

Some Chinese translation needs change

Original Picture
change to
在平面图中连续点击鼠标左键,定义折线的起点、端点和终点。双击或者鼠标右键取消可完成定义。然后可以鼠标双击折线进入样式选择。按住Ctrl(MAC下是alt)将画曲线。画线段的时候按下回车键可以输入长度数
字。

Original Picture
墙壁基板 change to 墙裙
增加基板 change to 增加墙裙
墙边颜色和纹理 change to 墙裙颜色和纹理

Original Picture
创建曲线 change to 创建折线和曲线

Original Picture
联接样式 change to 转折点样式
联接样式 (2)change to 线段样式

增加点到房间 change to 增加房间区域节点
来自房间删除点 change to 删除房间区域节点
[Jul 10, 2015, 11:00:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
redhawk07

GREAT progress so far :-)

One more wish for this release:
In the font selection dropdown for text elements, please create an additional entry to set the font to the PROGRAM default font.

Currently there's only the option to use the system default font. Now that you have a program default font, this should be possible to use also by default for texts.
[Jul 12, 2015, 4:36:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
mazoola
Advanced Member

USA

With current (14?) beta, after I add a piece of furniture to the plan, if I immediately select it in the 'home furniture' list and double-click, the 'modify furniture' window for the item immediately above the selected one opens. This is pretty much universal for the plans I've edited so far, but I've not yet tried it with a brand-new plan as a test. (To correct, I've been making the item *below* the desired one in the list invisible and visible again; when I next select the desired item, its 'modify furniture' window appears, as expected.)

Thanks,
Maz
[Jul 12, 2015, 9:00:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
mazoola
Advanced Member

USA

Hans -

here are a couple scene files that demonstrate the rendering issues I mentioned a few days ago. With luck, it's something I'm doing wrong. wink

First is the file for the last image from my previous post, the one with the four lighting fixtures. (The scene file contains a model from 3DWarehouse, which appears to be permitted under the terms of their General Model License Agreement as of 18 March 2015.) It's a good thing you asked for the scene file, as I'd evidently forgotten exactly what it included.

Here, each fixture contains a sphere (with what I think is a 50% translucent white PNG mapped as a texture) representing a light bulb. Inside that sphere (concentric, but with a smaller radius) is a low-output (2%) light source whose sole purpose is to illuminate the 'bulb.' Outside the sphere (concentric, larger radius) is another light source that lights the scene itself. The two fixtures to the left in the image below have a 3" sphere for the bulb, lit from within by a 2.75" white light source at 2%, and surrounded by a 3.125" white light source at 15%. I have disabled the internal light source for the second fixture from the left to show how the 'bulb' disappears.

The two fixtures on the right are the same as those on the left, except they have a slightly larger sphere (3.375") surrounding the outer light source. This additional sphere has a white PNG with a gradient transparency ranging from 15% to 50% mapped to it; the sphere is aligned so its most opaque portion lies between the light source and the wall at the back of the scene. Most likely, I could eliminate the internal 'bulb' sphere and light source, downsize the gradient, and let the gradient serve as my bulb -- but the render artifact makes that a moot point.

...except that, here, it doesn't: There doesn't seem to be a visible artifact in this render using Beta 15.

...except that it reappears when rendered at other sizes. For instance, here's the same image, rendered using the same settings -- only generated at a width of 300 pixels rather than 400.

I evidently didn't save the scene file for the other test from my previous post, so I had to slap one together. I think it's essentially the same as the original.

However, while running a few test renders with it, I discovered something interesting. The following are all renders of the same scene; the only difference is the aspect ratio as selected by the 'apply proportions' drop-down. All were rendered at 400 pixels width, with proportions of, left to right, '3D view,' '4/3,' '16/9,' and 'Square.'

Thanks,
Maz
[Jul 13, 2015, 12:36:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Maz,

Second part first.
When I replace the bluetint box with the transparant glassblutint box (in List Attachments) the shadow disappears. This makes me think there is some kind of error in the model or the texture you used. This suspicion is strengthened by the fact that the green/black doesn't always appear, and not always in the same spot.
Sketchup models (DAE) are known to produce this kind of behaviour when textures are not applied to both sides, when SH3D cannot decide which side has the texture.
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Jul 13, 2015, 2:25:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
mazoola
Advanced Member

USA

Hans -

Hmmm... Interesting. The box actually is the blutint box, only with a partially transparent PNG mapped as a texture. I went with the PNg because in the instance where I discovered the glitch, I was using an actual image and not just a color field. There are several times I'd like to have used something similar, from 'cells' in a glass brick to a color-shift transient in imitation of an LED wall-washer. I went to a simple color field to simplify things for the demo.

You're right, though: The success of the blutint is interesting. I'm about to head to the other side of the country to help my mother (at 92) recuperate from a broken leg, but once I get settled in, I'll starting picking at it.

Thanks,
Maz
[Jul 14, 2015, 10:50:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

The Beta 17 brings updated Chinese translations, as well as Bulgarian, Brazilian Portuguese, Vietnamese updates. It also includes Dutch version without the need of a sh3l plugin (you'll have to remove Dutch-4.6.sh3l file to view the translation of version 5).

In the font selection dropdown for text elements, please create an additional entry to set the font to the PROGRAM default font.
redhawk07, I guess you mean the font set in preferences, so that would be rather Preferences default font. Nice idea, but sorry that would require to be translated and I won't run a new translation cycle just for this.

Mazoola, I didn't succeed to reproduce your issue about furniture selection. If ever you find an other way to reproduce it, I would be pleased to test again. Hope it's not really annoying.
About your rendering problem, it recalls me an old issue on textures transparency (too bad the images are gone in the linked message). Unfortunately, I fear it would be very hard for me to fix because I'm not the author of the rendering engine (even if I used to fix a few bugs in it).
Good luck with your mum! All my best wishes for her recovery.

OKH, the levels tab contextual menu you proposed is a nice idea, but the levels tab are not visible at start. So there would be a need to split the plan contextual menu as soon as a level is added. Not very easy to handle, but I keep the idea in mind.
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jul 14, 2015, 8:20:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 116   Pages: 12   [ Previous Page | 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved