Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 12
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 9695 times and has 11 replies Next Thread
tylla

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: sweethome3d-4.6-linux-x64.tgz

Sorry for resurrecting such old thread, but as I was greeted with this same error when installing the recent (5.6) version on Debian Stretch (9.2) I thought I give a try to find some solution.

While the suggested workaround (nomodeset) might work for some, I have found another solution which might be better suited.
The last solution to this SO question (which seems the same problem) suggests a workaround in code that consists of a few lines of code.

Maybe you could give it a try.

I am willing to help in testing if needed.
[Nov 18, 2017, 10:48:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
tylla

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: sweethome3d-4.6-linux-x64.tgz

As it turned out the suggested workaround (nomodeset) causes several unwanted behaviors on my Lenovo X201 so I had to disable it.
After several hours of trials, I found out the solution to this problem.
The root of the problem (according to my best understanding) is a bug in Java (see https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8173853).
This has been fixed in Java 8u152 and 9 (see https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xorg-server/+bug/1232471).
So the solution is to update your Java.

In my setup this involved a little bit of extra work as I don't like to litter my hard drive with installed programs that the package manager is unaware of, but finally it is working.
[Dec 26, 2017, 1:20:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved