Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 3
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4341 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
smrau

Australia
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
4.6 upgrade doesn't work

Hi all

4.5 runs fine on my Win8 laptop which I usually use via RDP.

I ran the installer for 4.6 without error. But when I launched the app, I got the dreaded "3D driver" error. I applied the Direct .INI patch, but that just caused the app to hang.

The good news is that my link to 4.5 on my desktop still works, so the upgrade failure is not a showstopper.

But how do I upgrade to 4.6?

Thanks!

Steve.
[May 20, 2015, 2:04:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: 4.6 upgrade doesn't work

I don't see any difference between these two versions that could have caused this problem.
Are you sure it's version 4.5 that works and not version 4.2 or a previous version? Because from version 4.3, the installer version forces to run the 64 bit version of the program and some 64 bit drivers have more problem than their 32 bit counterpart. In that case, you should install Java 32 bit and run Sweet Home 3D with Java Web Start.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[May 21, 2015, 8:12:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
smrau

Australia
Re: 4.6 upgrade doesn't work

Hi Emmanuel

Thanks for your reply.

It's definitely 4.5 that is working (from Help/About). I've just noticed that I am running it in 32 bit mode with Java Web Start.

I'll try the 4.6 install again and see if I can get it to work. As I said, it's not urgent.

Cheers,
Steve.
[May 21, 2015, 11:05:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved