Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 5
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3957 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
MacJohn

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Unable to make it work on Mac

Hi all.

First of all, please excuse me if my question sounds dumb.

I will be very thankful if someone could give me a hand to solve this issue.

I've tried to search over the Forums to see if someone else has had the same problem than me, but I can't find it.

I own a MacBook with Yosemite 10.10.4 installed.

The Java version is the 8.51

I just can't start the program. It always redirect me to install the old Java version 6 from Apple support.

I've also tried to download the .jnlp file to start it from Java Web Start, as explained in the download tab of this site. Once I launch it as also explained, it does nothing at all.

If I'm not wrong, version 5.0 should work under Java 8.

Can anyone please direct me to a solution to this problem?

I will be very thankful.

Best Regards,
John
[Jul 24, 2015, 5:33:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Unable to make it work on Mac

If you want to run it with Java 8, you can use the Java Web Start version or the Jar executable version. As far as I understood, you already downloaded the SweetHome3D.jnlp file that will let you run the Java Web Start version. To run the program with that file, you now have to right click on this file or, if you didn't enable right clicks on your Mac, press the ctrl key and click on the file to display the contextual menu. Then just choose the Open menu item in the contextual menu, and answer security questions.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jul 25, 2015, 8:28:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
MacJohn

Hi Emmanuel.

Thank you very much for your reply.

I did exactly as you say. It's not the first time that I have to run an app not allowed by the security standards in Mac.

So I get to launch the .jnlp file.

The problem is that is does nothing at all. Nothing.

And the jar executable version, if that's the one I have in mind, only gets to manage 94 Mb of memory, if I'm not wrong, which is insufficient for the projects I have.

In any case, I haven't seen anyone with a similar problem than mine. It must be something in my own particular Mac, so I'll dig to see if I can understand what is the problem.

Thank you very much,
Jphn
[Jul 25, 2015, 8:41:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

If I were you, I would simply install Java 6 ans use installer DMG version. Don't worry, Java 6 won't replace Java 8 on your computer when you're on the web and it will be used only for Java standalone programs like Sweet Home 3D.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jul 26, 2015, 4:01:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
MacJohn

Yes, I think that could be the best solution if the two versions can co-exist.

Will try to do so.

Thank you very much, Emmanuel.
John
[Jul 26, 2015, 5:58:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved