Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4254 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
SebastianBautz

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
2D Symbols

More often than not, I just use the 2D view to create and modify floor plans.
Is there a library that includes 2D symbols of furniture and fixtures?

At this stage, any particular model of an item is more a distraction as specific choices are not being made beyond placing of the function, for example "toilet goes here" rather than "what color and shape is the toilet bowl?"

Any advice on using this otherwise excellent program for this purpose would be welcome. I went ahead and bought the app store version in the hope that the included libraries would include such wireframe items but am disappointed.
[Jul 24, 2015, 5:55:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Re: 2D Symbols

1) You have probably noticed that you can disable the 3D view and toggle between Top view and Catalog icons in Preferences.
2) SH3D v 5.0 offers lines and arrows and different fonts.
3) There is a 2D symbol library (example) in Sourceforge (3D models 325). But maybe not what you are looking for.
4) The Sourceforge link also shows how you can use planIcon#nn= in the properties of furniture libraries. But, as far as I know, there is no ready-made library of furniture symbols without 3D models.

As none of this may be an easy way of doing what you want, there is a workaround that might help. Use the generic box available and apply symbol textures to the box-top (and an invisible texture to the other sides, if you like). This will show in the 3D view, but you can disable the 3D view by shifting the pane divider all the way down.

That said, I feel more and more inclined to use the planIcon in libraries instead of the auto-generated top view to "simplify" the 2D view. Something to keep in mind if one wants to make a library.

ok
[Jul 26, 2015, 2:09:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bluehead

south africa

Hi forum

How do I change the angle of the symbol in a floor plan,the image on the symbol does not change its direction.it can only change on mirrow shape.

Thank you in advance
[Jul 7, 2019, 2:23:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dbzh

Russia

Probably you use in prefs setting at furniture icons in plan - catalog icons option? Try change to the top view.
[Jul 8, 2019, 5:52:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved