Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 13
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 13937 times and has 12 replies Next Thread
claudeyounan

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Sweet Home 3D does not start for directx issues

Every time i try to open the software It says i have to update my directx drivers. But my directx is updated to the latest version!! Please help.

i am running on windows 8.1, having the graphic card ati mobility radeon hd 3400.

Your Kind support would be appreciated.

Regards,
Claude
[Aug 2, 2015, 6:31:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Sweet Home 3D does not start for directx issues

Did you try the suggestions in the FAQ?
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Aug 3, 2015, 10:10:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
janpram

How do I find what my current DirectX and OpenGL drivers are? What should I do to update these? Please give specific direction if possible.

I am getting this "fatal error" problem since upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7. I did the updates that windows does through their settings; but that does not fix this problem. So perhaps I have to update the graphics card somehow else. How???
[Sep 26, 2015, 2:46:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
janpram

I had sent an earlier mail complaining of this problem. I had been using an older version of Sweet Home. Reloaded the 5.0 version using Java Webstart (after updating java as well). Now it works! Great.
[Sep 26, 2015, 3:04:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

When you run the Java Web Start version of Sweet Home 3D with Java 32 bit, it will use the 32 bit version of the graphics drivers. And from various reports, it seems that those are more often stable that their 64 bit counterpart.
I will update the FAQ to add this suggestion.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Sep 26, 2015, 2:33:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
mazoola
Advanced Member

USA

Not to hijack a thread, but just in case others run into this in the future, today when I started sh3d it repeatedly bombed out with a DirectX/GPU error. As nothing had changed on this machine since February, I knew it was an artifact of some kind. (To be on the safe side, first I reinstalled the video drivers, just in case, but the problem persisted.)

I noticed for upon opening sh3d was loading an empty 'recovered' plan. As best I can recall, the program didn't terminate abnormally during my previous session, but for some reason it thought there was an unsaved plan-in-progress extant. When I checked the recovery directory -- [Drive]:\Documents and Settings\[User]\Application Data\eTeks\Sweet Home 3D\recovery on this XP-based system -- I found several retained plans. Three were tagged 'unrecoverable' but were roughly the size of my current project, about 190 Mb. The fourth and most-recent file, though, was tiny -- about 7 Kb. After deleting it and restarting, the program ran like a charm.
[Oct 6, 2015, 1:56:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
marunio

Canada

What's the point of updating to 5.1 if so many of us cannot run it for the same reason: DirectX/OpenGL?
[Oct 13, 2015, 7:00:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
maoli122

That's works?? i will try it.
[Oct 29, 2015, 2:16:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
ElfenM

Just found out the following on:
Lenovo S10e & S12 (10.5in & 12in Netbooks)
1.6GHz Intel Atom CPU)
2GB of RAM each
running XP

I kept scratching my head on this again and again, as my Lenovo X200s (basically a Core 2 Duo version of the Lenovo S12) runs SH3D without problems, and except for the CPU differences, they are basically the same machine (same OS and video card- Intel Express), there is no problems with the X200s but there is on the S10e/S12's I have.

I even updated the drivers for the Intel Express video card on the S10e/S12's, and nothing. I already have the drivers updated to the current versions. OpenGL/DirectX keeps crashing.

So what's going on ?

I checked out Mazoola's information, and did not find a "recovery" folder or files to clean out.

Thing is this - I usually activate SH3D by clicking on a Home File and let it load it after it begins to run. Yeah, I'm spoiled like that. But then it crashes with the "Fatal OpenGL/DirectX Error."

So I decided to activate SH3D on its own. It loads up and gives an empty file to work on - it does not crash. I was able to lay down a room, put up some walls, and save the file. I close the file and then reopen - no problems.

Then I checked a few other simple homes I made (Cargo container homes I slapped together) that are on a thumb drive. They loaded up and were able to edit them and save them without problems.

But then I try to load up this one file I kept opening SH3D with before which always crashed the app when I double click it to load up. It crashed SH3D. I copied the file onto the thumb drive and tried it on the X200s. It crashed the X200s.

Tried on the Mac Powerbook and G5 I have, it did not crashed there. So I looked at the house. There are a couple of imported models there that are not part of the normal SH3D collection. They were imported from .OBJ files from some website somewhere.

Though I have not tried deleting these objects and resaved the file to test it, I suspect that the issue is with these imported objects, not the file being corrupt itself.

The thing I noticed is that SH3D crashes when its trying to render the house file - it draws the room, then the walls, then the furniture objects and it always crashed at this point of rendering the furniture.

Though further testing is needed on larger files, I suspect that this is the problem. I'll post further results when I get them.
[Oct 29, 2015, 4:03:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
ElfenM

UPDATE!

Perhaps this can lead to a possible "cure" but I found the following:

OpenGL/DirectX on the Lenovo S10 & S12 crashes when rendering the furniture; as stated before. But I think I found where.

I found that if when I have a split window with the 2D design window and the 3D view, it crashes when rendering the 2D view. But if I move the borders about on another machine to give me a full 3D view, hiding 2D design window - the file loads, I can move the virtual visitor and the arial views. When I drag down the bar to bring up the 2D view, it crashes, and the furniture in it incompletely rendered.

This is only on the Lenovo S10/S12s!

Except for that 1 file that crashes on the X200s and the S10/S12's, all other files work fine on the X200s.

I even let the S10/S12 load the home in 3D view and let it sit for a couple of minutes, thinking that it would render the furniture in the hidden 2D design window. It does not. Bringing down the bar to bring the 2D into view crashes it.

Loading the Home file with the 2D design window alone also crashes it.

So the issue is in the rendering of the 2D Design Window. Everything else seems to work.

I did notice that on some of the files in 3D View, the top few lines of the texture on the walls is scrambled, but the rest is properly rendered. Don't know why it is so but it is.

It might be that one or more textures might be corrupt but still renders OK on most systems. I need to some how take them out of the library and look at them through photoshop. How to do this?
[Oct 29, 2015, 6:02:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved