Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 12356 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
Michely

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Java 8 Linkage Error when using Applet

Hi, running sw3d as an applet I have a number of plugins which work fine when using a browser with Java 7 but under Java 8 I receive the following error: AWT-EventQueue-3 java.lang.LinkageError: loader constraint violation: loader (instance of com/teks/sweethome3d/tools/ExtensionsClassLoader) previously initiated loading for a different type with name "com/eteks/sweethome3d/plugin/PluginAction". I use Eclipse for develpment, only 32bit Java versions. Any help will be greatly apprechiated.
[Sep 4, 2015, 8:09:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: Java 8 Linkage Error when using Applet

For SH3D, Java 6 is the best version.

H
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Sep 4, 2015, 8:51:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Hans, Michely is talking about the applet version where you don't force the user to use a particular version of Java, and anyway, there must be very few users who still use Java 5/6 plug-in.
Michely, I haven't tried plug-ins with the applet version for a long time. I'll try on my side, but if it's a big security issue, don't hope too much from me, because I don't intend to invest a lot of time on the applet version since plug-ins are not supported in Chrome and Windows 10 Edge browsers. Under which system did you try?
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Sep 4, 2015, 10:59:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Michely

Hi, I had been using Chrome V42/Firefox both on Windows 7 pro systems. One had Java 7 - which worked great, and the other newer system has Java 8 which doesn't. I tried a couple other computers XP and Win 7 with the same results. Java 8 does give the linkage error whereas Java 7 works. If there is a solution please let me know. Thank you very much.
[Sep 5, 2015, 4:59:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved